Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Snn5
Legend

The LG G2 keyboard is still there.  Just change your Input settings to the LG keyboard.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, resetting, if you haven't already, is the best idea in your case.

TrekkieMonster
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I've had an experience that I haven't seen on here yet that I thought worth reporting. Due to all the negative reports, I have been simply deferring the update 24 hours at a time every time the update prompt appears.  Then a few days ago when the update prompt appeared, in reaching for the phone to defer again I accidentally touched the "install now" button.  I was horrified, and freaking out more than a little. However, after several minutes, and a couple of restarts, a notice popped up saying it had installed firmware version 28A and gave me the option of further updating to Lollipop or "updating later". I clicked on "update later", and I have not gotten any further update prompts since.  My phone is working fine; a few minor glitches (like google playstore crashing), but otherwise it seems to be operating pretty much like it had before the update, with one major exception: when I go into "Settings" and try to check "System Updates" a message pops up ever single time saying "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped".  I frankly do not care about this, because I don't want the further update, but I find it interesting. I also have not done an FDR.  Anyway, just thought I'd report on this in case it's happened to anyone else and/or in case anyone else is interested in trying what I did accidentally.  I feel extremely fortunate at this point that I somehow inadvertently seem to have dodged the Lollipop bullet.  Best of luck to you all.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I have heard of several who only updated to the first part of the 2 part update.  Results are mixed, but usually when you only get half of the whole, other problems arise.  The phone will automatically update at some point...if possible, but you might also find yourself unable to update at all ever again.  That would be an indication of corruption and the only way to avoid voiding the warranty would be via waranty replacement.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Though I should point out that you MIGHT be able to clear software update app cache or use the Verizon Software update Assistant.  Some have noticed that each time they try to complete the 2 part update that it will either state "up to date" or simply crash.

0 Likes
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have not seen any plusses so far, but there have been problems with messaging and other things, like not being able to turn off broadband anymore and have been unable to figure how to stop an app easily the way the previous software allowed to conserve battery which gets dragged down much faster with the update. Stay away until the issues are resolved or explained in my opinion.

0 Likes
Ainee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you! I did the reset and my phone is is like new again.

Snn5
Legend

Turn off broadband?  Tap wifi or Mobile Data buttons in the notification bar.

Stop and app?  Hold home button or tap square and swipe or use Task Manager, or go to App Manager and stop it there.

0 Likes
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’m referring to the new update -

I believe the option to turn off mobile data (easily) was in the previous version , not in 5.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is still in the notifications bar.   Pull down and swipe right.LG-g2-statusbar-G3-vergleich.png

0 Likes