Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
sbsmith89

Since I updated yesterday some of my apps aren't working properly. Facebook won't refresh pre-load until I force stop and try again. YouTube nore the Google Play store will even load. Is anyone having these issues? Is there something I cab do?

0 Likes
Smgb28704
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had these problems.

0 Likes
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

My lollipop update reeked havoc on my GPS, Play Store, Play Music, Google Maps, AND YouTube!

The GPS finally worked itself out... it had to be the Location as Facebook, Maps, and other apps could not access Location... so it definitely wasn't specific to any other app.

Unfortunately, the Play Store is totally hosed. Cell kept getting an update notification for Play Store.  Somebody online indicated that when this message occurs after the Lollipop update, delete the cache, clear data, uninstall updates and reboot - DO NOT DO THIS!  Afterwards, when I open Play Store, I get a white screen with "Google Play Store" on the top. Nothing else happens... it still looks like the original version under settings as it does NOT say "uninstall updates" any longer... as I expected it to be updated or prompted to update.

With Play Music, it prompts me to login and I cannot... it doesn't do anything after I select my gmail account or Add Account.

Google Maps doesn't allow me to sign in either - I click Sign In, select my gmail account, the pop up screen closes and I'm back to Sign In page.  I click Sign In again and Add Account... brings me right back to Sign In page.

However, I go to Gmail account and it's fine... I sent test email to it and it was received right away.

I went into Accounts - as perhaps that's the common denominator for these issues, and it's syncing Plus, but successfully synched photos, drive, uploads, people details, etc.

AFTER ALL THIS, I'm still getting the "an application requires an update - requested by Google Play services" notification.  After clicking it, the header says "Play Store" but under that, there's a white screen... nothing else.  If I click the search, the label then says "Search Google Play" so it seems to be registering something on their server.

If I cannot access Play Store, how am I supposed to download apps, upgrade apps, fix apps that this Lollipop broke?

PS... HOLY COW... Just read another posting about their YouTube not working... and guess what?  My YouTube is NOT working.  RED header with the menu icon, and the circling in the middle - on top of a blank white screen. 

0 Likes
tulipdaisy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wtf?!? I'm so glad you have a thread going for this. Long story short...I cannot make calls. My signal reads 1x and at best has had 3 bars.  has anyone else experienced this? (btw: YouTube and Google Play haven't crashed yet). Please help

0 Likes
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Others had the 1x issue... I don't remember if it was in the beginning or at the end of this thread... but it's somewhere here.

Snn5
Legend

I did have an issue with the play store not opening as well as google now, and might be a google apps issue, but after uninstalling updates for each app and then going back to the play store they updated properly.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My reception wa already weak in XLTE area with horrible voice, 1 bar, and slow data before this update, at least mine hasn't gotten worse.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Of course, now my LEDs both front and rear no longer work, but hey, whatever.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I think I'd try sideloading the play store apk file, updating it, and rebooting. If that didn't work, I guess id  back up my content and do an FDR.

thecatcher

after installing the update I'm have problems with my apps that are associated with my gmail accounts. i.e. google play store, calendar emial etc.

0 Likes