Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Lishthedish84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to read through all of the posts and didn't notice anything with my question...

I really don't know much about my phone, it was ok the way it was and the update seems fine, just adjusting to it like I would a new phone...

My question is do you know if there is a way to get the "predictive text" to have more than 3 words now?  Before the update I thought there were a bunch, unless they were suggesting long words, now it's never more than 3 and it's driving me crazy...  I've looked around in settings and only really saw where I can turn it off, nothing about editing it so there are more words available.

Thanks!

Snn5
Legend

Screenshot_2015-04-03-15-43-11.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I use Google Keyboard.  That works find for me as I cant use the LG keyboard...thumb always hits the comma instead of spacebar.

Smgb28704
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not happy that my message icon is gone. I don't know how to get it back

on my home page.

0 Likes
pwhaden
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update has nearly bricked my wife's phone. It is DRASTICALLY slower, the UI is hideous, and she now gas to have the data enabled in order to send/receive pictures. If I complained to Verizon, would we be able to get a new phone? Anyone have any assistance on the matter?

Smgb28704
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sounds bad. I don't understand how it can be the same upgrade and so

different for everyone. By the way I found my messaging icon so all is good

now.

trhubarb
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has made a total mess of my phone. Wish I could roll back

chelszmm
Enthusiast - Level 2

***UPDATE***I did a factory reset this afternoon after the update a couple days ago. SO MUCH BETTER!!! This was kind of the last straw with this phone but the reset has seemed to have worked. Two hours off the charger and I'm still at 98% battery with the WIFI on and notifications coming through. Will update again in a couple days as to my findings with more extensive use.

Snn5
Legend

Reset the phone to factory.  Messages will always use data, but the mobile data can be off.  That's how it used to be and should still be.  This is how mine is.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

But no, you might get a replacement, but not a different phone, unless you are eligible for Early Edge, and the Turbo is worse.

0 Likes