Dropped calls with LG G2
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having problems with my LG G2 dropping calls, and not ringing when someone tries to call me. This morning it wouldn't even dial about 3 or 4 times even though it showed 2-3 bars of signal. Am I the only one with this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls with LG G2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HeyHank,

You device should work properly at all times! When did these issues start? Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? When the call drops are you able to call the person right back? Does the phone vibrate instead of ring when the person calls?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had this phone less then 2 weeks. The calls started dropping intermittently in the same area that my Samsung S3 would sometimes get choppy. Yes, I can call right back if I choose to. Several days ago I tried making a call and it refused to dial out even tho I had up to 3 bars of signal. It finally went thru after 5-6 tries. I have my phone set to vibrate and ring, except when I am in a mtg I set it to vibrate only.

Is there another brand of phone that would have better signal? My Samsung S4 had better signal then the S3 or the G2, but it had the texting issue which is why Verizon replaced it with the G2. Now I am wondering if I should have gone with a Motorola instead. I was not aware of the G2's poor signal when I chose it.

The other option would be for Verizon to put up a cell tower in the 38224 zip area.

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

No there was no liquid or phsical damage. The phone is in pristine condition.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HeyHank,

Thanks for the additional information. We want you to be able to enjoy making calls on your device. Given that you stated the issue seems to happen around the area in which your S3 had issues do you have issues with making and receiving calls in other areas? I do see that your area provided in in our extended coverage area. Have you ever had a ticket filed?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon support this pm and the call dropped right after the agent answered, and this was in a completely different area. The agent called me back, and is to get back to me later today. This area is not in extended network, it is Verizon. My primary use area is in the 38242 area. I changed my setting from Global to LTE/CDMA this pm, will see if that helps, and also see if Verizon tech has other options they want me to try.

0 Likes
mattv1

I am having the same problems.  New sim card, factory resets, network investigation ticket that comes back fine.  They tell me to factory reset again.  I have wasted several hours of my life talking to Verizon about this issue and they keep passing me around to different people.  I don't know whether to give up on this phone that I like otherwise, or give up on Verizon for treating me like they don't care.  Did you ever get resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problems mattv1 . I understand how frustrating this can be, I appreciate you taking those steps to troubleshoot. When you have completed the resets, have you made sure Automatic Restore http://vz.to/1n2SfH2 is disabled? Has it been replaced under warranty?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
mattv1

Mine has been replaced twice. This device seems to be the worst yet.  My wife's G2 is acting up also.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I've had 2-3 replacements so far.  Each after an OTA update. 

0 Likes