Dont waste your time getting warranty replacement. Two of my co-workers did this and their phone are still bad. It's lollipop thats the problem. It has no business being on the LG G2
Tommyboy56
Enthusiast - Level 2

My G2 is also unuseable. 3 factory resets a safe mode boot as suggested by Verizon tech support all to no avail. My last factory reset I installed zero apps. Not one. Just had the factory Google apps and Verizon bloat and the phone still overheated and would die after 5 hours of light use. No bluetooth, texts send when they feel like it. Useless phone now.I convinced 2 friends to buy this phone after I was so happy with mine. They loved their phones like me until the lollipop update. IT'S THE UPDATE!! Let us go back. Stop pushing updates onto older phones that it wasn't intended for. We just want our phones to work. If people want the newest OS they can buy a new phone or root and flash a rom. Leave the 95% of us that just want a functioning phone, alone. Luckily I have Edge so I'll be getting the G4 soon. But in time they'll ruin that too. Just leave the phones alone or at least give us the option of not installing the new OS. With the ridiculous prices we pay for Verizon it's the least they can do. A word to the wise, if you use warranty replacement you're still getting a lollipop G2 and as my co-workers told me all the problems still remain. I can only speak to their experiences, you may get lucky but don't count on it. It's heartbreaking that they ruined such an incredible phone.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dont waste your time getting warranty replacement. Two of my co-workers did this and their phone are still bad. It's lollipop thats the problem. It has no business being on the LG G2
Snn5
Legend

I had a perfect experience with my update.  My LG G2 is a little faster than it was before.

Getting tired of Verizon

Post #8.

0 Likes
Re: Dont waste your time getting warranty replacement. Two of my co-workers did this and their phone are still bad. It's lollipop thats the problem. It has no business being on the LG G2
Tommyboy56
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm actually very happy for you. You're only 1 of 4 people that I've spoke to that has had a positive experience with the update. I wish I was one of them. It gives me hope that it actually works for a few and maybe another update will fix it. But I won't hold my breath. Onto the G4 next month and if they eventually mess that up too I'm rooting and flashing an XDA rom. My G2 was the first device that I never had to root. It's my sixth Android and everyone of them got ruined after a new OS update. I guess I have really bad luck. I just want the option of declining an update in the future.

robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issues here with my LG G2. Horrible lollipop update and after 3 factory resets and 1 safe mode and talking to Verizon then LG then back to Verizon they finally agreed to send me a new phone.Reps at 2 different Verizon stores ( 1 a company store and 1 a reseller) agreed that everything is horrible after receiving Lollipop. I received my new phone and it has 4.4.2 on it and it's staying that way until they get Lollipop fixed. It asks me to update everyday and I just put it off to the next day and so far so good. And what is amazing is that everything works as it should. Maybe Verizon reps and their apologists that post on here should be working with whoever rolled this god awful product out and get it fixed instead of asking us (that pay your salary) to try this or try that when you know well and good it is a horrible, horrible update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry you had a rough time with the update.  Some of us had perfect updates.

0 Likes
robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some, but i'll bet not many. You seem to be in the minority,

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I might be.  I approach updates differently and from a different angle of experience.

bertolo1988
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wiped everything before I updated mine,  and now I have a security error.  I have read your suggestions about updating OS and I already have been doing that since the beginning of smart phones... just a thing I do and from what I've after the past two days of researching how to fix my bricked phone it was a smart thing to do... it just wasn't enough to save my G2.  Hopefully I can just get a replacement sent to me...  I got my phone less than a year ago so I should be good on my warranty.

Tommyboy56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wife got a warranty replacement with Kit Kat. Kept prompting her to install update. She declined. Phone's been great. Asked her to install update yesterday, she declined but this time it updated anyway. The phone is a mess again. She's so mad. I hope you can keep declining update but eventually it will force update. I feel your pain. This is unacceptable. My friend got a warranty replacement and I told him to factory reset it before excepting the update. He did it and it was actually pretty good for about a week then all the problems came back. It doesn't make any sense. Horrible roll out. And all the Verizon techs at the stores keep saying they know how bad it is. Well, maybe do something about it then. I would personally like a roll back to 4.4.2 But getting the G4 in a few weeks so maybe I'll just deal with it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The G4 should be a really great phone and since it comes with LP 5.x on it already, it should work just fine out of the box as opposed to the G2/3 that updated to a new OS version after the fact.

0 Likes