Cannot Receive Calls on Wifi
Elwall

I have a brand new G2, only had it about 1-2 weeks and I am not receiving calls while on wifi. I've tried calling my phone from the landline, it rings four times and goes to voicemail but the G2 doesn't make a sound. I can receive/send texts and make phone calls, just not get them. I've tried restarting my phone and checked my wifi settings, but I don't see any options that would cause the issues I am having. My boyfriend has the exact same phone and has no problems on our home wifi or any other wifi network. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Receive Calls on Wifi
Elwall

I should add that it does not show a missed call at all in my call log when on Wifi. If a voicemail is left my phone will alert me to that, but it won't show who called or when. I've has no problems on the 4g network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Elwall,

Let's see what's causing the problem! Are you able to make calls while connected via wi-fi? When did the problem begin? Have you ever been able to receive calls while connected via wi-fi? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nikkis165

Was there a response on this? I am having the same issue with my phone. At home on wi-fi, my phone doesn't ring, doesn't notify me, doesn't show in my call log, but I get a notification that I have a voice mail. I have only had the phone about two weeks and get calls just find when I am not on the wifi. I receive texts and emails, but no incoming calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nikkis165,

I am sad to hear that you are having these problems with receiving calls. We are eager to fix this.  Is this only happening on wifi? Is it in one specific wifi location? Have you deleted and readded the network? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nikkis165

It happens when I am at home, since that is only place I connect to my wifi. It's intermittent. Some calls come in, and others don't. I notice that calls are showing as missed if I have a text message on my phone waiting to be read. I have not noticed it when on I am on the network. My phone doesn't even show that I had an incoming call. Just the VM icon appears.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the continued explanation nikkis165! Can you please provide us with the zip code of the issues? Also, if you're outdoors does everything seem to operate correctly? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
mtroy78728

Hello. I am having the same issue and it is very sporadic.  I live in zip code 76543 and today my boss asked me why I didn't answer his call when he called me.  I didn't have a missed call or anything and I literally live less than a mile from my work.  I was sitting in my house and my phone NEVER rang.  The same thing happened at work today when I looked at my phone it showed I had a voicemail but NO MISSED call and nothing in my call log.  This is HORRIBLE and I kept explaining to my boss that I am not sure what happened.  I need an update ASAP please before I lose my job Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

mtroy78728 wrote:

Hello. I am having the same issue and it is very sporadic.  I live in zip code 76543 and today my boss asked me why I didn't answer his call when he called me.  I didn't have a missed call or anything and I literally live less than a mile from my work.  I was sitting in my house and my phone NEVER rang.  The same thing happened at work today when I looked at my phone it showed I had a voicemail but NO MISSED call and nothing in my call log.  This is HORRIBLE and I kept explaining to my boss that I am not sure what happened.  I need an update ASAP please before I lose my job Smiley Sad

Is the contact for your boss setup to go directly to voicemail? I know on some phones, if you set the contact to get blocked or sent to voicemail, it won't show up as a missed call but will generate a voicemail symbol if they leave a voicemail message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Also, glitches happen.  There's no 100 percent guarantee.  I generally get a very good signal where I live and where I work, but I have had instances on my iPhone where I get a voicemail and the phone never rang.  Doesn't happen often.

I get this occasionally on my work cell phone too (which is a basic phone on another carrier).

I don't think that there is a "fix".  It just happens sometimes.  Again, nothing is 100 percent.

0 Likes