Are there any apps that work with the G2 to block calls reliably?
Snn5
Legend

I know this subject has been covered but, I have been using Call Control for years since I bought Pro way back when.  Worked fine up until I got the G2.  Now it says that the only proven method of blocking calls is using MUTE CALLS.  The send to voicemail and pickup/hangup options are NOT recommended.  I have tried a few others, but they all seem to hijack the call screen.  I'm not overly worried about Caller ID features in an app.  I know Call Control is in beta with a new version that shows ID, but it's rough and not aesthetically pleasing.  Blocking texts isn't a big deal for me either.  I know a lot of these apps block texts, but require you to use their messaging portion of their app.  Anyone know of a proven pickup/hangup or send to VM app that works on G2?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are there any apps that work with the G2 to block calls reliably?
Snn5
Legend

No single app can control all calls and texts after 4.4

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Call Control works well, but being a beta tester I can tell you that features are changing.  It's getting better, but even the Premium users are going to have to pay for lookups after x number credits.  IOW, Premium users get a few credits per month and free users have to pay each time.  Until that app decides to do right by the Premium users who have already paid for the app long ago I use Contactive because the ID seems better and more accurate than Call Control, Whitepages Current, Truecaller, LineWhoscall, and CallApp. Contactive doesn't have a direct pickup/hangup nor a send to VM, but the info is more correct and that means I can better block calls based on better info.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I should mention that Contactive doesn't work with messages at all, it isn't a feature to begin with.  But, I have much less issues with texts than I do with calls.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's called Family Base

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Contactive does a great job finding info cause a lot of businesses have Facebook info online as well as G+.  Family Base is a paid app with VZW which is kinda pointless to spend $5 a month to block numbers.  It's a good idea for family guardians who want to keep all phones on a simple system to know where everyone is, but your average user will use other apps to block calls and texts and use any number of sms apps or maps apps to share location info.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No single app can control all calls and texts after 4.4

0 Likes