kin one not sending and receiving some of my text messages?
sw_girl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my kin one for several months now (mine is used as a feature phone, no data package). I was having no problems up until now.

in the past week or so, I've noticed that I'm not getting some of my text messages. also, some people are not receiving some messages I send.

plus, when I send a message, normally it pops up right away in the thread, so I can read what I just sent. lately, it's not doing that anymore. if I want to read what I just sent, I have to back out to the main menu, and then go back to that contact's message thread to read it.

is anyone else having these issues?  I wonder if they're going to get worse.....

0 Likes
Re: kin one not sending and receiving some of my text messages?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello sw_girl,

We can certainly help with this issue? Have you made any changes in the text settings or downloaded anything that work with your text messages. If not, then please respond with a private message with your mobile number or account number so we can confirm if it's network related. 

Thank you...

Arnetth_VZW

0 Likes
intelligent

pull ur battery out for a soft reset or erase old messages and clear ur cache from the settings... and if u moved to a different area u may want to call verizon and update your area because u could be on a different network roaming or something

0 Likes
erk1092

I think I'm having the same problem. Sometimes my phone will receive text messages with content, but other times it will just show a blank message, sometimes up to 3 blank messages! I ask them to resend the message and it still shows up blank. I restart my phone each time and it never helps. And sometimes when I plug my phone into the wall charger it wont turn on or let me do anything to it until I take out the battery and then it will turn on. Can anybody help me out?

0 Likes
Not applicable

erk1092 wrote:

I think I'm having the same problem. Sometimes my phone will receive text messages with content, but other times it will just show a blank message, sometimes up to 3 blank messages! I ask them to resend the message and it still shows up blank. I restart my phone each time and it never helps. And sometimes when I plug my phone into the wall charger it wont turn on or let me do anything to it until I take out the battery and then it will turn on. Can anybody help me out?

Hi there!

I know blank messages must be a pain in the neck! In this unique situation, I would like to dig a bit deeper and find a pattern so this can be fixed. Please PM me so I can escalate this for you!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ashes09

When I am recieving messages from friends they sometimes arrive as blanks messages, usually 3 at a time.  And recently I have been having trouble receiving messages, as well as sending messages. I have not added anything new to my phone. I tried *228. And Yes I recently moved, but have been living here without many problems for 6 months. 

I have tried turning the phone off and removing the battery, as well as removing the battery while the phone was still on. These things may help for one or two messages, but  then reverts back to the missed text and unreceived messages.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ashes09 wrote:

When I am recieving messages from friends they sometimes arrive as blanks messages, usually 3 at a time.  And recently I have been having trouble receiving messages, as well as sending messages. I have not added anything new to my phone. I tried *228. And Yes I recently moved, but have been living here without many problems for 6 months. 

I have tried turning the phone off and removing the battery, as well as removing the battery while the phone was still on. These things may help for one or two messages, but  then reverts back to the missed text and unreceived messages.

I can definitely see how this can be unsettling for you.  I use text messaging all the time and if I was having these issues I would be concerned as well.  In order to resolve your issue can you please PM me your name and number and I can see what other options we have for you.  Hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Asianchefs

Hi Arnett!

I am also having the same problem just recently, where I receive a blank message, but then

receive the second text as the continuation of the first message, so I sometimes only get about

half of the text.

I also believe I'm not receive texts sometimes as well.

Please give me some feedback.

Thank you!

0 Likes
mhillebrand

I have a similar problem with my Kin Two M. Text messages from two friends in particular do not get delivered to me. What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Mary

0 Likes