Re: kin ONEm: uploading contacts from backup assistant?
jcr

I backed up my contacts using backup assistant and exported them to a csv file.  I setup a hotmail account and imported them into the hotmail contacts.  I have had no success at logging into the Kin.com site, but I was able to use the browser on the Kin to go to my hotmail site and open my contacts.  I was able to add the contact to my phone from there.  It loaded the phone number but I still had to enter names and other info. 

0 Likes
KinUser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried BitPim. I couldn't get it to see the phone. :smileymad:

0 Likes
jcr

I read that in order to activate the Kin service you need to be on the verizon network.  I take that to mean that you need to have the kin connected to the verizon service.

0 Likes
bobkopolow

I can do the first 2 steps, but how do you add the contacts from your hotmail site into your Kin??

0 Likes
denverguy

Zachary Zrock02

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

The instructions should work for both of them.

0 Likes
rbhokie

I regret to inform you that these instructions are for the KIN TWO and NOT the Kin TwoM. This is because the "accounts" to get to the "Social Network" have been removed. I have spoken with Verizon Wireless Customer Service via the phone and they informed me that Microsoft and only Microsoft could create a way to get contacts on the phone other than manually entering each one. Why is this? Can VZW and Microsoft work together to get the software updates the customers DESERVE to make this phone have the basic functions that all VZW phones should come standard with!!!!!

0 Likes
dstor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Umm...they cannot even get the CSR's to give out up to date information on this phone...

Really..Zach? You are giving out such incorrect information it is unbelievable..I don't mind owning a phone that will not recieve any updates or much support but, good grief! 

Hey Verizon...let's help your Customer service folks help us. You are making your own employees look foolish and you are treating your customers like dirt.

0 Likes
michaelslw
Enthusiast - Level 3

i wonder how many of them are going to keep popping up and shoot out some outdated information...

0 Likes
emap

I just talked to a representative on the phone today. He said that the Kin does not use backup assistant, but it does use another program that does virtually the same thing.  I didn't really inquire further because I don't actually have the phone. And he was just a technically support guy.

0 Likes