i have no spot
catcat25

umm i jst got the kin one ....and it does not have "the spot" feature on it. Is something wrong with it???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i have no spot
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The spot was available on the original Kin one/Two phones. Those phones were marketed as a smartphone last July, and were discontinued after 6 weeks.

There is nothing wrong with your phone, you probably just didn't know what you were buying.

You bought the Kin Onem, a re-release of the Kin phones as a feature phone late November, really how it should've been in the first place, the required data plan in a market of actual smartphones was what killed this phone the first time around. The prices were greatly dropped (as they should've been originally..), no data plan required, and it has a new firmware, but has no spot feature or online data storage cloud, but an added calendar and calculator. The spot/data cloud is the reason they had to market the phone as a 'smartphone' in the first place, requiring a data plan because of the 'mandatory' data use in the first place. However, to be honest these phones don't compare anything to a smartphone. That is why they were re-released without the spot. If you bought this with a data plan, my suggestion to you is to return it immediately, and replace it with a Droid, or some other 'real' smartphone, because the Kin phones simply do not compare. If you have no data plan, and were limited to feature phones, this is the best one in my opinion (only feature phone with wifi, 8 mp camera, HD video, full media player, qwerty keyboard, the works).

For more info, i wrote a much more detailed FAQ/review of this phone, linked here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/td-p/347662

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: i have no spot
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The spot was available on the original Kin one/Two phones. Those phones were marketed as a smartphone last July, and were discontinued after 6 weeks.

There is nothing wrong with your phone, you probably just didn't know what you were buying.

You bought the Kin Onem, a re-release of the Kin phones as a feature phone late November, really how it should've been in the first place, the required data plan in a market of actual smartphones was what killed this phone the first time around. The prices were greatly dropped (as they should've been originally..), no data plan required, and it has a new firmware, but has no spot feature or online data storage cloud, but an added calendar and calculator. The spot/data cloud is the reason they had to market the phone as a 'smartphone' in the first place, requiring a data plan because of the 'mandatory' data use in the first place. However, to be honest these phones don't compare anything to a smartphone. That is why they were re-released without the spot. If you bought this with a data plan, my suggestion to you is to return it immediately, and replace it with a Droid, or some other 'real' smartphone, because the Kin phones simply do not compare. If you have no data plan, and were limited to feature phones, this is the best one in my opinion (only feature phone with wifi, 8 mp camera, HD video, full media player, qwerty keyboard, the works).

For more info, i wrote a much more detailed FAQ/review of this phone, linked here:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/KIN/Kin-TwoM-Review-FAQ-Q-amp-A-troubleshooting-etc/td-p/347662

0 Likes