Wifi Problem
Lycan

I can connect to wifi no problem, but when I click on browser, it wont load, but when I look at the wifi signal I have all the bars. I recently stopped all data usage so I didn't accidentally use it, and since then my wifi has not worked. I've tried shutting my phone off and turning off my connection to wifi and turning it back on, but still no dice. It has only worked a couple of times, but recently not at all. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Wifi Problem
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Do you have an N router in your home? The Kin is only compatible with b/g. I had this same problem, and I think that's why. It connected most times, but only accessed the web and email once in a while. When I reset my router by unplugging it and plugging it back in, it worked a few times, then stopped again. I didn't play around with the router settings, because I have an iPad and some other devices connected to it and didn't want to mess those up. I went to Starbucks to test Wi-Fi there and it connected effortlessly, and most users on this board say it works at lots of locations. So your only options with the Kin may be to get a b/g router, only use Wi-Fi away from home or use 3G. Unless someone here has any other ideas.
0 Likes
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Wireless N router and it works just fine. I think you have to make sure that your router is also backwards capable too, which mine is.  Meaning that b/g network adapters can use it as well.

My problem is that I'm now having the problem where it says I'm connecting, when I tap on the network I'm connected to there is no IP or any other information.  Just 0.0.0.0. and all that Jazz.  When I do get a signal it gives an IP address but can not connect. Which is weird. It had been working fine at home and at the library. However, now that I'm at a friends house. They have wireless b/g and am having issues.  But my laptop is connecting fine. Even my Zune which is a 1st gen one.  So, it has to be the phone.  I've tried shutting it down and taking the battery out for about 2 minutes, and start it back up and it used to get an IP now it's just not getting anything.  

I've also had issues with it freezing up on me to where i had to shut it down and restart it. Also the back button when I press it so that I can check time, sometimes i have to hit it three or 4 times before it will come on.  Looks like I'm going to have to go back to Verizon hopefully getting another one that works.

Mel

0 Likes
lademars

How did you stop all data usage?  I want to do the same thing. 

0 Likes