Two New Things
gkamieneski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found two new things with the Kin TWOm today.  Maybe of value to some.

First, I was having trouble with my Hotmail outbox on the phone...kept giving error messages and wouldn't complete the send.  Finally had to delete the account on the phone. Now when adding the account back, depending on which Email account you want to see first, you may need to delete all of your Email accounts and rebuild them because they are sequential when swiping the email account pages with your finger.  Once I rebuilt the accounts, I was able to recompose the messages and resend successfully.  I cannot explain why the outbox was stuck.

Second, I found a means of capturing the screen as a photo.  Doesn't always work, but if you hold the home key and the camera button at the same time, you can sometimes get an image of whatever is on the screen.

0 Likes
Re: Two New Things
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Not quite sure why the outbox wasn't working, but it is nice to know that deleting and re-entering the emails fixed it (typical Microsoft?).

As far as screenshots go, i've always been able to capture a screenshot, with the exception of taking a screen of a video that is playing (it just appears black with the text title showing around it). It may just be that the buttons weren't completely (half of the camera button, not all the way; similar to how you focus the camera without taking a picture) pressed down when they didn't work on your device. It doesn't preview the screenshots, so you don't really know if it took them until after you look at the photos, but it should always take them.

0 Likes