Re: Seriously? KIN One and Two..
Gunslngr21
Enthusiast - Level 3

CDHD, 

Spamming the same message in two different threads. I can imagine you think the current generation of smart phones are hard to use. I don't buy that anyone in the target audience would have any problem with the current generation of smartphones.

0 Likes
thunderbucks

CDHD wrote:

I think what everyone is missing even the Engadget review, is the fact that this phone has a specific target audience. I'm a tech person myself and everyone’s points are valid but when looking at this phone, I feel that it needs to be based on the target audience’s point of view. It's not meant to compete with the IPhone or Google phone, that’s what the Windows 7 Phones are meant for, the Kin is meant to compete with feature phones. ...Now for me “as a parent, I wish we had a cheaper data plan and in my mind I think like the Engadet reviewer…. If I’m going to spend the same amount as I would for a smartphone then why not get a smartphone. If I think like my daughter, why bother with all that when I’m simply not going to use it, give me something that I will use and make my life a little easier.     

I see what you are saying, and I can't really disagree with it.  Maybe I just need to put myself in a non-tech teen-something's shoes and think about what's important in a device.  Like you did mention, I can't get over paying the same amount of money for less capabilities.  No, she (and others) very well may not need the extra capabilities...so then why charge as much?  It'd be great if they could merge this kind of phone with the current "3G Multimedia" class and creat a middle-of-the-road class of phones for the texting/light e-mail/social networking users.  I just don't think these capabilities merit $30 a month.

And I wish tethering didn't have a 5gb cap!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

KIN looks like a MIGO :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes