Re: Kin2 "Updating Modem"
kellyandlarry

Same problem here.  Cannot do a factory reset.  phone does not allow you to do anything.

(Branched to a new discussion for better exposure..original thread too old)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device is working as it should! What happens when you try to hard reset the device? Here is how to reset it: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=32078 . Do you receive an error message when trying to reset the device? Please provide details so that I can better assist!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kellyandlarry

As stated previously by myself and other posts.  There is no home screen, no numbers, no nothing. The screen is stuck on "Updating Modem" as a bunch of lines move accross the screeen.  When they get to the end of the screen it just starts over.  The directions for a "hard reset" say to start from the home screen.  Mine was not under warranty.  I have abandoned the phone.

0 Likes
kdstephx4

Unfortunately, there are no Kin servers any more, therefore the phone can not get the data to reinstall the software - been there done that. 

0 Likes
SUDzBERRY

Had to abandon my Kin TWO. Update  just looping. Oddly enough , mine began the very day Sharp made a transition of the Corporation.  This was about a year ago. NO WARRANTY so i guess i am stuck with a worthless phone because I had not purchased a warranty.

0 Likes