Problem setting up Gmail on KIN TWOm
billcww

Very happy with my KIN TWOm - got my Zune setup, go to set up my Hotmail, perfect...but they I try to set up Gmail and it says "Not Set Up - There was a problem setting up your account.  Try again later".  When I call Verizon they tell me, "You must be typing in the wrong email or the wrong password."  It's been the same email for the last 5 years and I check it everyday - I think I've got it down.  When I kept complaining, they sent me to ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT were I was told to pull the battery out and restart the phone...when that did nothing I was told to change my Gmail password.  I wasn't surprised when that didn't work.  After all this I was told I should contact Gmail because it sounds like a problem on their end.  Here's the issue; they didn't make the phone, why would they know how to help?  The KIN website is no more - no help to be found with Sharp or Microsoft, so I guess this is my last chance - Anyone had the same issue, if so how can I fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Problem setting up Gmail on KIN TWOm
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi.  The error you are getting may be because you need to enable settings for the account from Gmail, as POP / IMAP.   To enable POP, you must log into your web account.  Click Settings > Forwarding and POP / IMAP, select Enable POP then click Save Changes.  To enable IMAP, Click Settings > Forwarding and POP / IMAP, select Enable IMAP.

If you still need assistance, please send me a Private Message with your 10-digit mobile number, and I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

VanessaC_vzwsupport

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Problem setting up Gmail on KIN TWOm
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

You should not need to enable IMAP/POP to use your gmail account w/ the Kin. I personally use gmail, so it is the only email service i can verify works fine with the Kin email app. First, make sure you have an internet connection. That can be wifi, or the 3g network (i would suggest wifi; block 3G is my advice). Once you are sure you have a connection (try connecting to a few pages in the browser; don't rely on the little 3G icon), click on the email app icon, then click the Gmail icon. It will ask for 3 options: a name (i'm not sure if this has to match your email account's name, character for character; but i know mine does, so you might as well enter it as the same name as the one under your gmail account just in case),  the email address (including @gmail.com), and your password, which is case-sensitive, has to include all the symbols/numbers, etc.

It should be as easy as that. The only problem i can see occurring is if your phone isn't actually connected to a wifi connection and has no connection to the internet, or if it does matter that the name you enter has to match the email account's name, but i don't understand why it would have to match, but then again it wouldn't be the first time Microsoft did something unexplainably weird.

0 Likes