New Kin two won't sync to my computer?
toddmare

My computer recognizes my Kin two phone but it asks for installation hardware which didn't come with the phone.  It then says it was unable to install the new hardware.  In which case, Active sync won't recognize my phone.  Anyone else have any problems syncing their phone?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Kin two won't sync to my computer?
KinUser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes! It's kind of weird. The phone seems only to sync with ZUNE. If you go to MY COMPUTER even when it's synced to Zune you will not see the phone. As far as I can see you have to sync videos, music, photos and podcasts via Zune. At least Zune is free! And it works pretty well compared to Media Player. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gotdew

Mine said no hardware installation was found until I installed ZUNE, then I opened ZUNE, and plugged in my phone after a few minutes of finishing the installation and ZUNE installed the hardware for me and it works now instantly once I plug it in and auto-syncs, hope this helps.

0 Likes
KinUser
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes! It's kind of weird. The phone seems only to sync with ZUNE. If you go to MY COMPUTER even when it's synced to Zune you will not see the phone. As far as I can see you have to sync videos, music, photos and podcasts via Zune. At least Zune is free! And it works pretty well compared to Media Player. 

0 Likes