Kin Twom screen problems/rebooting?
eankrom

It seems like just overnight my Kin Twom stopped working. 

I've had it for almost five months and two days ago the screen started to glitch. If I opened my phone the screen went black or static. It went back to normal if I closed it and opened it. Then it got progressively worse until the next day no matter what I did the screen wouldn't work and my phone wouldn't turn on. I've tried to reboot it by taking the battery out, but even when I have it plugged in it won't light up (if it is turning on I can't tell!).

I honestly am not happy with this phone whatsoever. But since it's still under warranty I'm wondering what to do. 

0 Likes
Re: Kin Twom screen problems/rebooting?
Not applicable

Thanks for posting. I understand how this can be frustrating. In order to resolve your issue can you please PM me your mobile telephone number so I can research your account and see what kind of options we have for you? Thanks.

0 Likes
bwakefield

I too am having this problem, and quite honestly very angry about it. I generally love the phone, but a touchscreen phone with a dead screen and no usable call/ send button is not going to work for me. My phone is still under warranty, much like the person above stated, but sending it to the company while continuing to pay a bill for a phone I can't use, is not an option. This needs to be dealt with. Any sort of replacement or temporary replacement until the phone is repaired would be suitable.

0 Likes
Not applicable

bwakefield wrote:

I too am having this problem, and quite honestly very angry about it. I generally love the phone, but a touchscreen phone with a dead screen and no usable call/ send button is not going to work for me. My phone is still under warranty, much like the person above stated, but sending it to the company while continuing to pay a bill for a phone I can't use, is not an option. This needs to be dealt with. Any sort of replacement or temporary replacement until the phone is repaired would be suitable.

Hi there!

I completely understand your concern with sending a device for repair and being without a phone. This is exactly why Verizon Wireless sends you a Certified Like-New replacement rather than you shipping the phone back the manufacturer and waiting an 'X' amount of days or weeks to get your phone back. I can go over the details of the warranty program. Please PM me so I can assist directly.

Thank you!

0 Likes
rmging

I am having the same problem as the two before. I my back light on my screen is completely out and so I can't see anything. My phone isn't under warranty, so I don't know what my options are.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

rmging, I'm sorry to hear your having issues with your KIN device. I understand how frustrating it can be to have a phone that's causing problems with calls, messaging and other data related functions. I see that other customers via the forum who are also having issues are under warranty and can have their phone replaced with a certified like new device of the same model but your situation may be different. If your phone needs to be replaced, we would be more than happy to review your account to check for all options you may be eligible for. We truly do not want any customer to go without a working phone and review each situation on a case by case basis. 

You can send me a Private Message with your name and phone number to discuss your options. 

0 Likes
JH_KIN2M

I too am having the same problem as the other three. It seems to me that this is a manufacturing defect with this phone because the problem seems way to common on this and other message boards I've read. I believe I'm still under warranty, but not sure at this point.

JH_KIN2M

0 Likes
GrayBison
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing happened to my Kin TwoM two days ago - screen now a dark luminescent glow. Can only shut it off by removing the battery. Replace the battery and it's off, so turn it on and it returns to the dark screen with nothing working. Since I got it in early May, 2011, it is still under warranty, so VZW mailed a "comparable" replacement yesterday. Rep said they can't replace a TwoM with another TwoM - none available even as a certified pre-owned one. The phone in transit is supposed to be a PanTech Jest, which based on community comments and internet reviews won a Golden Turkey award in 2010. I have a faint hope that the replacement is a Jest 2, a little better. But it sure ain't a comparable phone - only a 2 megapixil camera w/o flash, no Zune, no wifi. Will report back on what the replacement really is when it arrives.

0 Likes
vgw

My Kin Twom freezes up a lot and is very slow to resond at times.  Per Verizon Customer Service, I have upgraded the software and I even turn the phone on/off once a week but none of this is working.  I really like the phone features (except for the volume buttons) but I think this phone is going to die soon.  Any ideas what I should be doing?

0 Likes
ross0109

I too had this exact same screen problem when I had my Kin Twom. But when I took it to a local Verizon Store they said that the only way this could have happened is if I dropped it. But in fact, I never dropped it, as it would still turn on, it was just that the screen would be black or flash with lines going across it. So they told me if I had an old phone I could activate it, so I activated my old Env3. But now I'm wondering, if people are having the same problem with their Kin Twoms and getting them replaced, could I possibly get mine replaced as well? Even though I activated my Env3, the Kin Twom would still be under its One-year warranty at the moment.

0 Likes