Re: Kin TwoM: Review, FAQ, Q&A, troubleshooting, etc.
rebelrp

Well, my Kin TwoM died. I've had it for a month. Yesterday when trying to go to my email (wifi) it would show my emails for a split second, then go back to the home screen. Today when I tried sending a text, as soon as I would press "send" it would return to the home screen. Took it back it to the Verizon store and the tech tried taking it back to retrieve the contacts and the screen just went crazy. Now it's useless. They are sending a replacement. But now I have the pleasure of putting in all of my contacts, pics, music, ringtones etc. UGH!!! :smileymad:

0 Likes
Skippy1973

Thanks for the heads up and the solution. Works great!

0 Likes
Danswhi

Hi, 

I am pretty sure I read through the entire thread and didn't find this answer....

Because I'm the only one asking I feel like I might just be doing something stupid. 

How do you add a new contact via text message? 

When someone texts me their name, I use the touchscreen to click "Add" -> "Add Contact" -> And from there type in their name next to the number. What do I do to confirm that what I've typed I now want in my phone book? I clicked the enter and nothing happened.... I feel foolish for asking

Thanks

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

The 'add contact' button actually doesn't add the contact to the phone, it allows you to add contacts to the 'send to' list.  to actually add the contact to the phone from a text message, you need to tap the phone number, and then it will pop up a screen that will let you select to add the contact to the phone. Make sure you are tapping on the number, not just the top bar, or it will simply bring you to the same screen that clicking on 'add>add contact' does.

0 Likes
bubbagump

I've had a Kin TwoM for a few months now, overall I like the phone despite the quirks.  I just noticed today after my 3 year old was playing with the phone earlier, that there is a "picture" in the captured section where you see all your other pictures.  It looks like a blown up screen shot of a text message notification that you get when you get a text message and I have no idea how it got there.  Is there some way to take a screenshot and save it as a picture?  Not sure why I would ever need to use this feature, but somehow the picture is there along with the other pictures taken via the camera itself.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

to take a screenshot, hold the camera button half-way (same way as to focus a picture, so to speak) and press the back button. It will take the screenshot, but it won't show you a preview of it like the phone does with other pictures; go to your captured pictures to view it.

0 Likes
ohyeahobrien
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fisharefriends and anyone else that cares,

I've had this phone for about two months now and within the first two weeks I dropped it in a puddle of water. Immediately took the phone apart and sat it in rice. From then on, I let it sit for about an hour. Works fine now. 

0 Likes
obeythewall

I've had the phone for almost a month now and I really love it. The only thing that annoys me is the lack to be able to change the SMS/MMS tone you get when you recieve one of those messages. Is there anyway to add your own custom SMS/MMS tone to the phone?

0 Likes
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

To all who are interested- the Kin TwoM is now listed as a FREE phone with a new account or a 2 yr. contract extension.

I'm not sure how long that pricing will last- there was another poster who said it is a 3 day sale, but the Kin OneM has been free for awhile now...it could be 3 days only, but it could be that it's free until it sells out...

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

obeythewall,

yes, you can change the messages recieved tone to any custom tone of yours; it is the exact same fashion as changing a ringtone or any other alert tone (from the settings>sounds menu). The difference is that they flip the order of the alert sounds, with the 'melodies' category (which is the one all added ringtones/sounds get added to) is at the bottom, and i'm just guessing you didn't see it down there. Simply minimize the 'alerts' and 'alarms' tabs, and then you should instantly see the melodies tab with your custom-added sounds.

0 Likes