Re: Kin TwoM: Review, FAQ, Q&A, troubleshooting, etc.
BranHen
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a MacBook Pro- I know you said you can use it with the Zune software, but I'm a little apprehensive because I don't know if you can use Zune software on a Mac.

If you can, can you create folders on your own hard drive any way you like and save all pics and videos there?

I just want to make sure I can store all of the things I capture (kid's B-Day's, first steps, etc.)...

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Zune software does now work with Macs. However..you can install Windows operating systems (ie Windows 7) on the mac hardware,  although that is probably not the alternative you were seeking. There have been people who have successfully used a separate software to transfer pics, videos, and music flawlessly on mac's. It is called Markspace, and here is a link to their site:

http://www.markspace.com/kin/

0 Likes
harpman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went to Costco to check out the Samsung U370. I know the phone first came out last Spring as the Reality which recquired a 9.99 data plan. I'm guessing it just didnt sell that well so like the Kin they brought it back without a data plan. I had just been in that store. a few days earlier to check out some phones but they didn't have it then. Its pretty much the phone I was looking for...oh well..i'm getting use to the Kin now...matter of fact i use the e-mail and the internet more than i thought i would..just about every where i go there is free wi fi..i'm learning things the hard way though...when reponding to a text make sure that the person texting you didn't include the whole freeking family...otherwise your reply will go to every person that received the text....all i could do was laugh at all the responces i received.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Harpman: just make sure you block data :smileywink: You don't want to end up like the person who posted they had a $7k bill at the end of the month.

And yes, you do have to make sure that you don't get the whole 'mass text' list. It is really weird actually, cause i know that i get texts all the time that were sent as mass texts, or group texts, and just 2 days ago, i got a text that had 7 numbers attached to it. That one was a mass text, and i'm not sure of the difference between all the ones i got previously and that one, but then i had to go through and delete the numbers i was sending to one-by-one; it is good to know that the first number is the actual sender though, just fyi. If anyone knows why it contains the rest of the numbers, info would be much appreciated. It has only happened once to me (this week, at that); the problem is i don't know the difference between this one time, and the hundreds of other times i get mass/group texts.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Very good advice, Harpman ...

When you reply to a text using the Kin, click on the "To:" field to see who's all there for recipients. Delete the ones you don't want to send it to.

(And it never hurts to follow the rule of not putting into writing what you don't want the world to see.)

0 Likes
cameronja

The thread was useful for me in deciding to purchase the phone.

I have had the phone for a few days now and I have liked it so far.

I have some issues with this phone and looking online, I couldn't find any information about it:

- Has anyone been able to insert hard or soft pauses in contact phone numbers? I tried comma, 2 commas, but that didn't help. I also couldn't enter 'p' or 'w' in the phone number field.

- When I switch to the keyboard mode, the phone automatically goes to the phone app about 90% of the time. I tried to be careful in not pressing any keys or the screen when I did this. Not sure if others have this issue.

- Reading the user guide, I found a way to rename the bookmarks inside the browser (two-finger tap on the bookmarks and then select a bookmark). But I guess there isn't a way to edit the name of the apps that I create from the browser and place on the main screen?

Thanks.

0 Likes
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Regarding the pauses, you indeed do use comma's instead of the traditional 'p' or 'w'. Pauses are only a 1-second delay, so you may need to have more than 1, depending on the number you are calling (for voicemail, 2 is sufficient). When calling the contact, it will sound like the pause isn't working, and you will get a series to tones instantly, but that is just the input of all the pauses; wait a bit and they do work.

0 Likes
cameronja

Thanks fisharefriends. I assumed that the soft pause didn't work when I heard the tones at the beginning of the call itself. But now I realize that it is doing it properly.

For my second question about phone app popping up whenever I slide the keyboard out: I realized it is because when I was sliding the keyboard out, I was pressing down on the phone button in the keyboard and that is what caused the phone app to open up inadvertently. I try to keep my fingers more on the sides itself now to avoid pressing the button button in the keyboard.

I also got the bluetooth working with my car now, well sort of. I am able to make and receive calls, but I cannot see the list of contacts in my car display. With my old phone (which was more than 4 years old), it sync-ed with my car properly. My car is also four years old; perhaps the contacts would transfer over with newer cars. One issue I had during the bluetooth setup was that I had to restart my phone in the car in order for the two to sync initially.

0 Likes
Canuckgal0

I would like to know how i can send my picutes to myself through email.  I created the emails and attachments from my phone but they are sitting in my out box and i tried resending them but that doesn't work. I am using a WIFI network, but it still doesn't sent my emails when i sync it. Can you help me?

0 Likes
Bigcanoe
0 Likes