Kin TwoM --- Blocking Texts
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Kin phones have a means for stopping the auto delivery of MMS messaging, but there seems to be nothing that can be done with SMS. I do not have a texting plan and when somebody inadvertantly sends me a text or expects that I do have texting, it appears as a balloon on my home screen and costs me $0.20 a pop.

I have had to block text on My Verizon, but there should be a means on the phone to just show that you have a text like most other phones and you can choose to download it or not.

0 Likes
Re: Kin TwoM --- Blocking Texts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be an option to block all texting for your line in your MyVerizon account online.  I think I saw it the last time I look in the service blocks area. You can also call customer service at *611 from your phone and ask the reps to add a texting block to your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gkski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I realized that I could block all SMS through My Verizon. Most phones have the ability to block the text from being delivered. You see the phone number but it is your choice whether or not you wish to receive the text. That way, I could choose to download texts from my family, but avoid unwanted texts at $0.20 per text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your suggestion/feedback is greatly appreciated, gkski. Since the phone doesn't come with the option to block messages via the device, blocking all messages via the My Verizon site is the best option so you don't get extra charges as recommended by Ann154.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes