Is it still possible to upgrade the software on the kin two to the kin twom?
augustburnscarl

Every time i try to update the software it says that it cannot connect right now. I believe it may be because the servers were all shut down. How can i upgrade?! Help!!

0 Likes
Re: Is it still possible to upgrade the software on the kin two to the kin twom?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there augustburnscarl:

I'd be happy to shed some light on the software update issue that you're having.  In order to perform a software update, one must be available.  The current software version for the KinTwom is AP 4704 / Modem 0.4.727.  What is the software version that you're running? Here's the direct link to the KinTwom support page: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5572&m= 

Keep us posted!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: Is it still possible to upgrade the software on the kin two to the kin twom?
dwdowty
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are no longer any Kin servers. The only software sidegrade for the Kin phones was the "m" release, but those phones were only reloaded with software from the vendors, not over the air from individuals.

If you want hardware repairs, contact the guys who built it...sharp.

If you want software questions answered, contact the guys that designed the software...microsoft.  A quick google look found absolutely no answers in support.microsoft, but you might have a better chance finding something.  Heck, they won't even release the software specifics for hackers, if they even have the info anymore.

From what I've heard and read, there is no manual user upgrade available.

THJ

There is a Kin 2 digital manual- a .pdf file.  Any verizon rep can provide the URL page on their website.  Sorry I don't have it any longer.

0 Likes