How to answer a call on Kin2m with gloves on?
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there a way to answer a call on the Kin2m with gloves on? To unlock with gloves on? To perform any of the necessary screen functions with gloves on? What do you do when it's 10 below 0?

0 Likes
Re: How to answer a call on Kin2m with gloves on?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I just read an interesting thread on this in the iPhone forums. The Kin has a capacitive touch screen like the iPhone, meaning it responds to your body currents and not simply pressure. I like the idea of having a little hole in your glove to poke your fingertip out. http://community.vzw.com/t5/iPhone-4/Gloves-with-iPhone/td-p/437534

0 Likes
lavender
Enthusiast - Level 3

i don't know about using other screen functions but i've been using the headset to answer calls when outside with gloves on. it's cooooooold and my hands are staying firmly in my pocket! 

it would be nice if kins had voice dialing functions so that making calls can be done hands free too

0 Likes
jp66
Enthusiast - Level 3

I visited the link you provided and learned that a negative end of an AA or AAA battery will work. Some people use ends of small sausages. Others purchase capacitive touch styluses like the BoxWave Stylus for $15. And then there are instructions for DIY.

One DIY is to roll up anti-static film into a pen like shape or foil around a pencil (may scratch screen) , wet the tip of a sponge glued to a stick, or stick a stripped wire into a piece of electronics foam and stick that into a gutted ball point pen then wrapping the end of the stripped wire around the outside of the pen. I tried a battery- it worked.

0 Likes