Easy way to take pictures of yourself?
10Sgrl

Hi, i just got this phone a couple of days ago, and one of the biggest pros for me was the 8 megapixel camera and the HD video quality, both of which are great. But the thing is, and i hope this doesn't make me sound vain or something, but i'm always taking pictures of myself (and with friends, family, etc). But taking them is a pita! Even my last 2 old phones were able to give you a preview of the person taking the picture (my last phone was a Samsung Alias) because it had dual screens, one on the front and one on the back. I know the Kin TWOm doesn't have 2 screens like that, i just hoped there would be an option to reverse the image or something to show the person taking the pic, y'know?  My bf has an lower end Droid phone, and it only has one screen but it will reverse the image so you can take pics of yourself.

Then, not only that, but the fact that actually hitting the camera button to take the picture is also a pita (pain in the you know what)! The physical dedicated camera button on the back is hard to press, plus since the phone is hard to grip, it makes it harder to push it. But then if you want to use the on-screen camera button, since you have to turn the camera around to take your own pic, you have to reach around and blindly try to hit the button. Ugh.

Is there a setting or something that i'm missing? I think if there were even something as simple as a timer to take pictures it would help a ton, because then you could set the timer then you could just flip the phone around and not worry. I love everything else about the Kin TWOm (it's like the closest thing to being a smartphone without actually being one!), but this one thing is really bugging me.

TIA!

0 Likes
Re: Easy way to take pictures of yourself?
fisharefriends
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry, there is no back-screen, or front camera. They were never part of the phone, same as it is with many other non-flip phones (or smartphones, which often come with a front-facing camera for face-time, other other uses like the one you're describing). If you're always taking pictures of yourself...do what many other people do. Use a mirror. Just fyi though, you can always grip the phone's entire bottom half (the camera lens is at the top, so you won't block it), and that will give you a firm grip, where all you have to do is flip the phone to face you, and snap.

0 Likes
Re: Easy way to take pictures of yourself?
10Sgrl

Thanks fisharefriends, I guess i got alittle spoiled with my last two phones, guess i have to suck it up

0 Likes