Can't put Kin2 back on my account.
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the Kin 2 about a year ago and after 3 months found it to be really crappy. It became my dash cam in my vehicle. However my daughter had used it before, and now wants to use it instead of her really old flip phone.

So I went online to swap the phones, and now it's requiring me to select a data plan to put it on my account! However it did not require a data plan when I had it on my account less than a year ago. Seems Verizon just tries over and over to no longer have my business. I save about $2 a month using Verizon instead of AT&T. I really don't want to switch but the higher ups at Verizon Wireless need to know they are really making it hard for those wanting to stay with Verizon.

So I need to know from Verizon, can I put this Kin2m on without a data plan somehow?

0 Likes
Re: Can't put Kin2 back on my account.
Not applicable

goofy174 wrote:

I got the Kin 2 about a year ago and after 3 months found it to be really crappy. It became my dash cam in my vehicle. However my daughter had used it before, and now wants to use it instead of her really old flip phone.

So I went online to swap the phones, and now it's requiring me to select a data plan to put it on my account! However it did not require a data plan when I had it on my account less than a year ago. Seems Verizon just tries over and over to no longer have my business. I save about $2 a month using Verizon instead of AT&T. I really don't want to switch but the higher ups at Verizon Wireless need to know they are really making it hard for those wanting to stay with Verizon.

So I need to know from Verizon, can I put this Kin2m on without a data plan somehow?

>First two bullet points removed<

C) Does at&t have something similar to the Kin2M that doesn't require a data plan? I doubt it.

D) When you make changes the online thing always tries to get you to switch to Share Everything which is what the data thing is probably about. You should be able to go through with the change without having to add any data, but who knows maybe Verizon changed the requirements for the Kin2M.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

C) Makes no difference. I'm asking about the Kin2m and Verizon Wireless.

D) It doesn't do that when I try to switch phones. It did do that when I tried to add texting to 2 of my phones and I had to call to get that done. I switched phones on another one of mine a week ago and that went fine. One flip to another flip. This time it says I need a dataplan for the Kin, something I didn't have to have when I had it as my phone a year ago. I've never had a data plan on any of my phones ever.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you call customer service to activate the phone and to verify a data plan isn't added to the line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll probably have to but I'd rather do it online. I really can't stand using a phone anyway, except texting. I had my wife and kid that nearly died, on separate occasions, and since then, I've hated using the phones. There usually never was an incoming or outgoing call that was anything I wanted to hear then. It just jaded me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so hard to make your changes online goofy174. I don't like talking much on the phone either, but I can see why you especially want to spend as little time as possible talking. I hope your wife and child have recovered. The Sharp KIN TWOm can be activated with or without an optional data plan. Because the KIN devices were so popular as a smartphone style basic device, My Verizon will suggest a data plan first when you're making a change. There is still an option for Pay-As-You-Go when you have the older Nationwide plans, but it's usually listed last under the data options changing online. We can also get those changes made anytime for you by chat or email through http://bit.ly/FJncH

If you have our Share Everything http://bit.ly/LWsodg plans, then the phone would automatically be a part of the shared data on the account. I'd like to encourage you to use our Wireless Account Analysis http://bit.ly/vnLjqO to see what plan would be best for you.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes