Backlight problems, now won't turn on
slroberts94

I've had my Kin2m for a little while, but definitly not long enough to fufill the time requirement to get an upgrade. My Kin2m has been having backlight problems and rebooting randomly. The backlight wouldn't come on, unless the slide was in a certain position, but then it would turn off after a few seconds. I tried to charge it,  but now it won't turn on at all. I took the battery out and stuff, but to no avail. I really need my phone for work and stuff, is there anything I can do? I can't afford a new phone because I don't get the upgrade discount for awhile. I do not know if it's under warranty either. 😕 So frustrating. Any help would be greatlly appreaciated!

0 Likes
Re: Backlight problems, now won't turn on
chardonay1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would love to know how everything turned out!  I have the same problem!!  I am using my hubby's old phone right now because of this!!  I've been searching around and see people have had this same problem but I don't know how things turned out 😕

0 Likes
Re: Backlight problems, now won't turn on
kdstephx4

I am betting either the ribbon cable for the LCD screen is rubbed through (not a real good design if you get in and look at it) or the LCD screen is out.  I had to buy a phone on e-bay with a working LCD screen and install it on mine to get it going again.

0 Likes