Why does my jetpack automatically connect instead of asking for a new password?
PhillyBee

I have a lot of unexplained data usage on my Verizon 890L jetpack and have a concern about unauthorized users. I called Customer Service and was advised to change the password on the device.  I went to http://vz.hotspot and changed the password as advised. So why, when I turn the jetpack on, does it automatically connect to the iPad, instead of asking for the new password?  What's the point of having a password when it automatically connects to the wifi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Password and Security concern
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Either you didn't really update the WiFi password or there is a bug in the firmware of the device.  You should make sure your firmware is fully updated if you have not already done so.

Test this out for us by trying to connect with both the old and the new password.  Try two separate devices with each password too.  If both work then you should contact back VZW and get them to document and escalate your issue. 

Password enforcement is an issue for the firmware and can only be handled by the engineers of the device.  While VZW cannot directly fix something like this they are the correct avenue to get the ball rolling and working with the hardware vendor. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Password and Security concern
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Either you didn't really update the WiFi password or there is a bug in the firmware of the device.  You should make sure your firmware is fully updated if you have not already done so.

Test this out for us by trying to connect with both the old and the new password.  Try two separate devices with each password too.  If both work then you should contact back VZW and get them to document and escalate your issue. 

Password enforcement is an issue for the firmware and can only be handled by the engineers of the device.  While VZW cannot directly fix something like this they are the correct avenue to get the ball rolling and working with the hardware vendor. 

0 Likes
Password and Security concern
lookinforanswer
Contributor - Level 2

The devices may become confused if you don't change the network name as well.

0 Likes