Why am I having issues with my Jetpack Windows 10 connection?
wgonzalez

I have a Windows 10 Lenovo T430 and I'm trying to connect it to a Verizon Jetpack but I'm having issues negotiating a connection.  I see the SSID being broadcast, when I select the SSID and click "connect" its status just stays at Checking network requirements and stays stuck at that status.  I can connect the Jetpack to other devices with no problem and browse the internet perfectly fine.  I can also connect to other WiFi connection and browse the internet on the laptop as well.  When it comes to connecting the Jetpack with this specific laptop it just hangs.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jetpack Windows 10 connection issue
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Next step is to try resetting the Jetpack.

Search the Jetpack for a restore defaults button.  Press and hold the button for around 15 seconds while the Jetpack is powered on to perform the reset.  Some Jetpacks will let you reset them from the control panel too, you would have to search the options that are available to you.

If you are performing any custom configurations to your Jetpack then be sure to test the connection before you apply those configurations again.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Sounds like the wireless profile you setup on the laptop for the jetpack is corrupted.  Most likely mis typed the password and saved it on the laptop.

Go through the wireless profiles on the laptop and delete the profile you created for the Jetpack.  Reconnect to the jetpack and type the password back in.  If everything is correct you should be able to finish the connection.

wgonzalez

The Jetpack was never configured on this machine before.  I did go into the Known Networks window to make sure that a corrupt profile had not been stored during the attempt to try to connect and there was no profile stored for my Jetpack.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Next step is to try resetting the Jetpack.

Search the Jetpack for a restore defaults button.  Press and hold the button for around 15 seconds while the Jetpack is powered on to perform the reset.  Some Jetpacks will let you reset them from the control panel too, you would have to search the options that are available to you.

If you are performing any custom configurations to your Jetpack then be sure to test the connection before you apply those configurations again.