Why Has The Data Been Slowed While Using My Jetpack?
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

During my 14 day trial period using my Jetpack and unlimited data plan, I used way over 10gb of data and was never slowed down to 3g (or actually way below 3g) like I have been now. Isn't this bait and switch to trick people into a 2 year contract?  Jetpack scheme??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Has The Data Been Slowed While Using My Jetpack?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: During my 14 day trial period using my Jetpack and unlimited data plan, I used way over 10gb of data and was never slowed down to 3g (or actually way below 3g) like I have been now. Isn't this bait and switch to trick people into a 2 year contract? So
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

Sounds like a scam and is the reason Verizon is a sinking ship

0 Likes
Autotraker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. The 3G speed they are throttling us back to is almost unusable. During a good period I may get 0.60Mbps and usually its down around 0.25Mbps. I did read about the 10GB limit but sales rep told me not to worry about it since they will only enforce the throttle if the local cell site is congested. It was not only not true it was a downright lie. And the first month they didn't throttle me at all. They waited till I couldn't return the JetPack before they started enforcing the limit. Pretty shady stuff going on. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

Ann, Ann, Ann...please explain to me why Verizon's top 3G speed is .60mbps(600 kbps) and AT&T' s top 3G speed is 3.0 mbps (3000 kbps). That's 5x faster. Is that in the FAQ's anywhere?  I can't seem to find it.

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

Can someone explain to me why the Verizon rep in this thread stated 3G speed is 2.0 mbps?

How much faster is 3G than Safety Mode?

Let me guess...misinformed?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

harleyman22- We never want you to feel that you are being part of a scam. Allow us to further go over the details of our New Unlimited data plan. With the new Verizon unlimited your Mobile hot spot/ Internet devices  are reduced to 3G speeds after 10GB of usage. Please review this link for additional details; https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response  answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks  in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DENISEKY17

Same thing happened to me now I'm stuck paying for this hotspot.

0 Likes
DENISEKY17

I went to the unlimited plan and the jetpack because the rep said it would work great for me and would end up saving me $30 a month once I got rid of my home internet. Now I have sucky wifi because I used 10GB and cant really afford to get my internet back because my bill has increased so much. I've been a Verizon Customer over 10yrs and I just got played big time. UGH

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

Sylvia

Have you been reading all of the posts on this subject?  We don't need to review the details again.

If I were you I would be extremely upset with my employer right now. When they make these kind of underhanded decisions they are hurting the customer, but even more so they are hurting something that is hard to get back-their reputation.  This affects you even more because they are messing with your career. They make the decisions and then leave you and your coworkers to try to smooth it over and clean up the mess they created. Thank you for your concern,  Sylvia, but the damage done here is too much for many customers to overlook.

0 Likes