What network setting should I use with my Jetpack AC791L?
Crtsharris
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be receiving my upgraded Jetpack AC791L mobile hotspot tomorrow and would like to know what network technology setting to use to avoid roaming charges. The selections are Global, LTE only, CDMA only, and LTE/UMTS/GSM.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What network setting to use with Jetpack AC791L?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new device is always exciting Crtsharris! We want to make sure you don't get any additional roaming charges with your account. In general, as long as you are in the US, you shouldn't experience any roaming charges with your account. In some rare cases, customers near the Mexico and Canada borders can sometimes pick up their towers. If you are in a similar situation, you will want to set your device to LTE only if you are in 4G coverage area or CDMA only if you only have 3G coverage in your area.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a new device is always exciting Crtsharris! We want to make sure you don't get any additional roaming charges with your account. In general, as long as you are in the US, you shouldn't experience any roaming charges with your account. In some rare cases, customers near the Mexico and Canada borders can sometimes pick up their towers. If you are in a similar situation, you will want to set your device to LTE only if you are in 4G coverage area or CDMA only if you only have 3G coverage in your area.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Crtsharris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!!

0 Likes