Verizon Mifi Jetpack
WW_CO

In the last few months, my Verizon hotspot has started blinking off.  It will be working just fine, then suddenly power off and then automatically start back up.  This is exceedingly frustrating.  I have visited at least two Verizon stores and have tried at least three different hotspot jetpacks.  We have tried a new battery. We have done hard resets. We have tried a new SIM card.  All the Verizon employees have no idea why this is happening and are out of ideas about what to do.  Has anyone else had this problem? Did you ever get it fixed?  I am getting increasingly frustrated that I am paying for a service from Verizon and they can't figure out why it's not working.  I really like having a hotspot and don't want to give up on it, but if it can't give me constant internet service, I will have to find a different provider.  

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Mifi Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, WW_CO. It's important for your Jetpack to work properly, so I understand your concern when it keeps powering off. We don't want you to leave the Verizon family. I'm here to help. Does htis happen in a particular location? Are your other devices (i.e. phones) impacted? Please check your private messages for more information.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
WW_CO

I have not been able to see any pattern for when it blinks out.  Sometimes it will work for hours just fine, then sometimes it will power down and start up three times within a few minutes. It happens everywhere--at my home, at my library, at the coffee shop.

No other devices are impacted.  My phone doesn't have the strongest Verizon signal at times.  But it never has, and I did have the jetpack for probably over a year without this problem occuring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know that is frustrating for you and want to make sure you have a working Jet-pack to use. You mentioned having three other jet-packs previously that had the same issues. Just to clarify, where these all replacement devices that were replaced or did we only replace the sim card in your old device? Has the device been dropped or exposed to water at all?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes