Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800 extender
Flyfishing1

I bought Jetpack 8800 a couple of years ago to take on vacation and was thinking of using it for work vs. my home wireless.  While we live in a big town, our house is kind of down in a lower part of the neighborhood so I only get about 2 bars on the Jetpack which makes my system slow when I am VPN into my laptop.

I was thinking of getting an extender but a lot that I find on-line don't have good reviews and same say you have to put the antenna on your roof.

I was looking for suggestions for an extender so that I can get more bars of service.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800 extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Going over your options to improve your indoor experience is important. Our goal is to help. A 4G Network Extender requires Wi-Fi https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/. I'd like for you to run a speed test www.speedtest.net and advise us of the results. Does service improve in other areas?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Flyfishing1

If I need more bars, would that be an Extender or a Booster?  I thought an Extender would use your home internet service?  I am looking to replace my home internet for work with my Jetpack but need more bars since I live in a low spot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Flyfishing1, We know the importance of understanding your options for improving service in your home. Here is a link with the details of our Network Extender. Please keep in mind that our Network Extenders do need to connect to home internet service to work. Our Network Extender enhances your indoor and 4G LTE data and voice coverage to provide better service for your 4G LTE mobile devices. Here's a link with the details. Be sure to review # 5 for the internet connection requirements: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/. TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Jetpack MiFi 8800 extender or booster
Flyfishing1

I probably did not submit my question with the best subject title to get the information I wanted even though I had the information in the body of my question.

After 2 replies that only talks about an extender that would need to use another internet in the home for wireless and no information on boosters, that leads me to the understanding that there is no way to boost the bars of the Jetpack 8800 to use by itself with no other internet in the house.

Is this truly the case?  Because if so, I was mislead on the Jetpack 8800's abilities.

0 Likes
ddpdarcy

we got a we boost and it really gave us more bars but our MIFI 8800 keeps getting hot and we have to replace the batteries all the time. (average is every 3 months). Our service is still up and down with 3 bars....works great and then its off. 

0 Likes
Kimberly300

I have a MIFI 8800 with 2 bars & live in the National Forest with only satellite (Dish) TV & phone (Hugesnet)... Etc... will a booster help my connection? if so what one?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kimberly300 wrote:

I have a MIFI 8800 with 2 bars & live in the National Forest with only satellite (Dish) TV & phone (Hugesnet)... Etc... will a booster help my connection? if so what one?

A third party booster might help improve the signal of the cellular data connection. Verizon Wireless doesn't sell cellular boosters. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes