Recover/reset admin password on my.jetpack ?
WEARE
Enthusiast - Level 2

My security suite advised me to change the default password on my MHS291LVW. I tried logging on to my.jetpack to do so, but it keeps telling me I'm entering the wrong admin password. I cannot find anything on the home/sign-in page that allows me to recover or reset it. Verizon Customer Service and Tier 2 support were no help. I considered resetting the JetPack to factory defaults, but if I'm still unable to log in to my.jetpack, it would make the situation even worse.

FYI I have passwords set to not display on the device itself, but I just added a new iPad so I know the JetPack password is correct. The only recent change to my account was switching from a 20GB plan to Unlimited, but I can't imagine that would affect my my.jetpack log in.

Re: Recover/reset admin password on my.jetpack ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Weare, it’s so critical to be able to log into your Jetpack properly.  We are here to help turn this around.  A private message has been sent to assist you further. 

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WEARE
Enthusiast - Level 2

SeanC, your PM says: "We just need a little more information to get this resolved.  Can you clarify what you mean by “log into the Jetpack” (connect another device to your Jetpack signal or log into the Jetpack itself)?  When did this first start?  Where any changes made to the Jetpack around the time this started?  Have you been able to log into the Jetpack previously?  May we please have your phone number/Jetpack line number/account number and your account pin?"

I don't know if you are actually Verizon Customer Support or a scammer, but if you don't know what logging into my.Jetpack means, then you can't help me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@WEARE Our goal is to make sure your issues gets resolved. Sean is definitely a Verizon support agent. Please respond to the private message he sent to better assist you. 

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
topgunn_99

I am having the same issue

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You can only reset the defaults on a Jetpack if you lost the admin password.

Confirm your Jetpack Model number.  Look up the User Guide.  Complete the steps to reset that device.  Log in with the default credentials and reconfigure as needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

topgunn_99, we certainly want you to be able to manage your jetpack via the admin page. What model jetpack do you have? Have you taken any steps, such as completing a factory data reset on the device?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
sirresme

i have a simialr problem it wont let me see the password on my jetpack i only got to see it once then it switched to the star key, i dont know how to resset because i dont know the answer to the secruity question. how can i reset my password.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to ensure you can view and update the password as needed with your jetpack, sirresme. What model of jetpack are you using?

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes