Re: No service at home
Rhbrg

I have almost zero service at home and I live in Takoma Park, a heavily populated suburb of DC. It is INFURIATING to not be able to text, load sites, post to Instagram- any phone related activity you can think of takes forever. Even writing this message. Why am I paying for a service that doesn’t even work when I’m at home in a city?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's never what we want our customers to experience and I am so sorry you are going through that. Can you tell us if the service issue is happening indoors or outside? Are other Verizon devices having the same experience in that area? What is the closest major intersection to your current location?

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

If you have no service then you need to look into alternative ways to get service to your home.  Otherwise VZW will be of no benefit to you.  

For example, if you have a cable broadband internet connection you can purchase a Network Extender.  The VZW Network Extender is essentially a mini cell phone tower that operates inside your home by connecting to VZW through your internet connection.  Considering you describe the area as a heavily populated suburb of DC I'd thinkt that high speed broadband service providers should be available to you.  Leverage those connections to extend to your VZW celllular devices.

Or you could chose to invest into a repeater and amplifyer system.  These go beyond the scope of the VZW community so you may need to talk to someone in your area for specifics.  The general idea is that you can setup and configure antennas in a place where there is reception, then pipe it down into your home where you plan to use it.  However, an antenna/amplifier combo can only work with the signal that is available, no signal means no amplification, which means you are out of luck.

0 Likes