Misinformed & deceived by Verizon
KellyB1231

I purchased this device from Verizon based on a promotion through FMCA.  It’s been such a headache, I felt I should reach out.

We’re Canadian, and spend 6 months in the US.  While we’re south we need reliable internet.   I saw a promo in my FMCA email magazine & contacted Verizon to find out more.  What was most important to me was whether I’d be able to suspend my service at a reduced rate for the 6 month period I was home in Canada.  I was assured repeatedly that it wouldn’t be an issue.  In fact I have it in writing from more than one Verizon representative.   I was told they suspended in 3 month intervals, but when the plan reactivated, I could resuspend it for an additional 90 days.  The first 3 months would be $10/month, while the second 3 months would be slightly higher at $15/month.  I had no problem with that.

However, I had to keep getting in touch with Verizon over billing issues.  I’d send them a message, they’d attempt to fix it, and I’d confirm again that my rates were 90 @ $10, and then 90 @ $15.   Each time, I was informed that was correct.

Today, I received an email from Verizon stating that my suspended account would be reactivated at the end of June.  I contacted them yet again to confirm that I could resuspend the account on the same day at the $15 rate.  Considering I’d been told repeatedly that this was the case, imagine my surprise to be told today that I had been misinformed right from the start!  I could certainly suspend this account, but I would be billed at the regular monthly rate of $50.  I’m actually better off to be charged the early termination fee of $175 & cut this company loose!  The fact that I even have it confirmed in writing & they’re simply shrugging it off tells me much about Verizon’s business ethics.

I don’t expect Verizon to do anything, and I doubt  they even want to, but I felt I  should share the kind of deception & manipulation this company uses with its customers.  I can’t imagine that FMCA wants to promote that kind of business, and I’ve already told them about my very negative experience with Verizon.

I intend to keep fighting Verizon over this.  Wrong is wrong, and I’ll continue arguing my case until I’ve run out of options.  But right now, I’m angry & frustrated.

0 Likes
Re: Misinformed & deceived by Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellyB1231, this is not the experience we want you to have as our customer and we appreciate you choosing us. When you do Voluntary Suspend your service with billing or reduced rate billing there are certain factors on the amount of days you can keep your line of service suspeneded before it automatically reconnects. You can review all the details in regard to Suspending service here: http://spr.ly/6607ESIXF.

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes
transparency

had a line taken off my account, all of a sudden my charges for my phone went up from the previous month. next bill they gave a token 3 dollar credit> why did it go up in the first place and not stay the same. Tried to chat with agent, what a joke that was. I don't think they have real human peolple to answer questions. Time to start comparing. Not real happy with their billing system . Not truthful in their system.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello transparency! We'd love to clarify all your concerns. Please reply to our private note to get started. 

~Aaron

0 Likes