Re: MiFi7730L keeps powering down and up again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can totally understand how important it is for the Jetpack device to be working at all times, especially since you rely on it so much, Karlajo24. I'm happy to help out. Are you using the device primarily while it is using the battery or when plugged in? If you are using it on battery, to ensure the device isn't experiencing this issue due to a lack of power, place the device into a charging state for at least 15-20 minutes. Once completed, attempt to power on the device by pressing and holding the power button for a minimum or 5-10 seconds. If you are using the device while plugged in, are you using the original charger in a known working outlet? Also, we would recommend that you check the power management settings with these steps to ensure that the device is going into sleep mode: http://spr.ly/6601EalJb Please let us know your findings.

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried having the device plugged in, fully charged, not plugged in fully charged, change the sleep settings to never, etc....nothing seems to help as it continues to randomly cycle off and back on.  Reviewing the multitude of complaints regarding this exact situation that I have found with a google search, I'm surprised this is not more widely known and a resolution already determined by Verizon.

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

and as a reminder my jet pack is the MiFi8800L

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This information is helpful, Karlajo24. Have you triedd removing the Battery on this device? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I have tried removing the battery and I have also tried removing the SIM card.  Continues to randomly cycle off and on.  I saw in one of the threads that it may be a software issue?  I am now on Jet Pack #3 - Just went to the Verizon store Saturday and the again replaced it with another new one.  Things were looking up as it hadn't cycled off and on ....until just moments ago it did it.  UGH!  Does Verizon have another style of JetPack?  Is there a particular software update that needs completed?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, Karlajo24. Let's keep working together to get this figured out for you. Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the device, to see if it helps to fix the power cycling? If not, here is a link you can use that will walk you through the process http://spr.ly/6600ExxAq. Keep me updated with your results. ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Completed a factory reset and it did not resolve the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that step. Is the device software up to date? To check this, navigate: Menu > Software Update > Check for Update. Keep us posted.

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
Karlajo24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it says that the software is up to date and no updates available....next?

0 Likes
joecaldwell

GOOD NEWS!!!  SOFTWARE UPDATE HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!

0 Likes