MiFi 6620 Network Visibility
ront21028

I have a 6620 Verizon MiFi and I accidently clicked on "Forget this Network".  Now I cannot see it in available networks on my computer (windows 8.1) but I can on my iPhone.  How can I get it back on my computer as visible network?

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 6620 Network Visibility
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Reboot, you cannot tell a PC to completely ignore a SSID to my knowledge.  Its more of a coincidence that you asked it to forget the password that it dropped off your list of available networks.

0 Likes
ront21028

Thanks John.  I had done that but to no avail.  Very unusual in that I can see multiple other networks but not mine. I can see mine on iPhone so know it is working.  Trying a "PC Refresh" now. Problem has to be in Windows or so I believe.

Ron

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

I admit, I don't have access to Win8.1 at the moment so something may work differen than I'd expect it to on Win7.

Here is a guide that details the various options for connecting and forgetting wireless networks on Win8:

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-delete-forget-wireless-network-profiles-windows-81

Win8 may have a profile setting that saved your decision to forget the MiFis network.  In that case you should find the profile it created, remove it and then scan again so that it can start from a fresh slate.  That should bring it back for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ront21028 No worries, at one time or another we have all pressed the "forget" button. The following link will guide you to add it back. http://bit.ly/1fNulqm

DoloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ront21028

Removed all profiles but still doesn't recognize my wifi after reboot.  Really lost at this point. Have a call in to Microsoft.

Ron

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes