Re: MIFI 8800l JetPack Suddenly Drops Connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PTZ_1985,

Help is here. I rely on my service staying connected at all times & that is what I want for you as well. Your safety is important to us, so we do ask that you take your Jetpack into a store to have them inspect this for you. Here is a link

to find the closest store in your area. 

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
bgburges

Are there any updates to this problem from VZW?  I recently purchased a new MHS800L and it has the same issues!  It will run fine for a few hours and then just drops the connection. Power cycle resolves it.  I need this to stay connected 24/7. 

Thanks

0 Likes
italladdsup1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some people have tried things that they say have worked (read all the posts). Most of us are still in awe that Verizon has done notihng to accelerate this issue for all of us. I cancelled my prepaid hot spot, as it's just not worth the constant headache of turning it off and on every 2 hours. 

Subarumike
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. Being a buisness customer they just keep sending me new devices to replace the "bad" ones. But they all have the same issue. 920mb and the connection drops. We have 14 of these things and none of them work as intended. The old AC791L worked flawlessly for us. We upgraded (lol) to these and have had nothing but problems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bgburgers, having your MiFi 8800I Jetpack dropping the data connection can be a headache, especially since you need the service to carry out daily activities. When did the issue start? Any recent changes (new update, moved, etc)? What exactly are you doing prior to the connection dropping?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
scottkiessig
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue as well. I have been having it since I purchased the 8800. I have called tech support numerous times and still unresolved. This is rediculous to be paying for an unreliable internet connection.

Has anyone gotten their issue resolved or is everyone in the same boat?

0 Likes
jeffksmith92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Scott, we all still have the same problem.

I'm returning mine shortly (business fleet) - good luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello scottkiessig, we are sorry to read about the trouble with the Hotspot connection. We know it's vital to have a great connection, and we are here to help. Please tell us more. Do you get an error message? Are you able to reconnect right away? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
scottkiessig
Enthusiast - Level 1

No error message. Just a dropped connection or a device reboot. It always reconnects within a minute or so. I have called in to support countless times! I just wanted it fixed!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottkiessig, we want nothing more than for you to get the reliable service you pay for when it comes to your MiFi 8800L. We don't like to see the fact that this has been an ongoing issue and appreciate your multiple efforts to correct this issue with us.

We are still investigating this internet connection issue via our internal forums and have no updates as of yet. Have we gone as far as to replace your SIM card? Have you recently performed a factory reset on the device? 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes