Re: MIFI 8800l JetPack Suddenly Drops Connection
verizonmacmoo

Mine is constantly rebooting as well... It's basically a glorifield paperweight! 

So far I haven't been able to get any asistance from Verizon. It's just over a month old. Have reset it, tried a different simm card all to no avail.

John

0 Likes
Kristi46773
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had my 8800 jet pack about four months it was fine for about three months no issues then it started dropping connection I have found after some manual testing it has something to do with being plugged in charging all the time , I went to the store and bought a multi zone programmable timmer set it up into four charge zones letting it shut off charging when not in heavy use , it took a couple times of adjusting the timmer to not have the bsttery die but I have not had it drop connection yet after four weeks seems to be the fix , I also run a 7730 on the other end of the house that I have never had any issue with other than Verizon choice to throttle back after 15 gigs of use on unlimited plan 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kristi46773, our goal is to ensure that any issues you are having with your Jetpack devices are resolved as quickly as possible. You mentioned that you have found a fix for your 8800 model, so do you still have an issue with it or the 7730 model at this time? If you're still having an issue, does this happen only indoors/outdoors or both? What devices are you connecting to each Jetpack? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
joecaldwell

GOOD NEWS!!!  SOFTWARE UPDATE HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!

0 Likes
rmgraphics1

Too bad this did NOTHING to fix the problem...  It changed a couple things, like reconnects are quicker, but it still consistently reboots on it's own about the same frequency...  Way to go on the testing department Verizon..  nice work...   I mean really.. Coming from a software testing background, just how is it that you guys can not test these things out before dumping on the public??  Unreal... You figured you;d blast these broken leftover pieces of hardware out of your inventory on the unsuspecting public by giving them a steal of a deal on unlimited internet that can't even be used?  Making the decision to bring this hunk of junk in to upgrade negates our unlimted plan.. so we are all stuck with this thing...  bad move people.. You think the public is just that stupid?  Do you not see the class action lawsuit coming your way? 

0 Likes
chrisbluedevil

This is the most frustrating experience I have ever had with Verizon and I have been with them since they were Alltell! 

I have the most current update; I have Reset the mifi; I have made sure not to over charge it; I have Disconnected all devices except my laptop. All of this and it is still dropping...if anything, it has got worse recently. It is near the end of December and I have unlimited data...as a matter of fact, this is a business Mifi so the data speeds do not even slow down. 

I am very Close to switching to another cell phone provider at this point because so much of my wife's work and my work are internet dependent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want to see you leave us, and we want to make sure your Jetpack is working properly. Please tell us, do you see any signs of physical or water damage on your Jetpack? Also, please perform a soft reset on your Jetpack and test your service. The following link will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-220946/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
jphebus1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had 2 of these 8800L (one a replacement for the first) and the same problem as above.  I'm on the latest release and the thig would constanltly drop and disconnect.   I've gone back to my 6620L which may, in theory, be slower but at least its reliable and experiences no dosconnect issues like this $200 piece of junk.   As far as I'm concerence, I'm out $200 unless Verizon fixes the issue.   I'll keep monitorin this topic, but for now, its just not worth the trouble.

0 Likes
KranitzTheElf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh no I've just started having a similar problem with my 8800, but it's every 10 seconds or so. I have a trouble ticket in, but I can't download any files or watch live broadcasts. It's worse than dialup x.x

Tags (1)
0 Likes
tech_kyle
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Kristi46773 wrote:

I have had my 8800 jet pack about four months it was fine for about three months no issues then it started dropping connection I have found after some manual testing it has something to do with being plugged in charging all the time

I have a similar issue and mine is left plugged in most of the time as well. I've noticed a smell of hot/burnt electronics that's noticeable if I take the back cover off. I live about 5 miles from the   Canadian border and when my 8800L disconnects, it will reconnect to the cell networks up there and stay connected just fine (on roaming). Prior to this, it would be fine for days at a time.

Rebooting does not fix my disconnect issue. It just seems to come back whenever it pleases.

Edit: I've never seen nor personally had a device issue resolved through the Verizon forums here. I suspect the forums are good for questions about configuration-related issues, but if you suspect a hardware problem (which is all I ever wanted someone here to confirm), I think it's best to take your device into a Verizon store.

0 Likes