Re: MIFI 8800l JetPack Suddenly Drops Connection
wmdunnaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it has been a frustrating experience. I am on Verizon Prepaid

Unlimited JetPack plan. I have reset my device exactly as Matt described.

Actually, I have done this on three occasions, and my JetPack continues to

lose connectivity as soon as 924MB of data has been used. This requires a

reset even though there is a very strong connection with the nearby Verizon

tower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Bill

On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 3:47 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
ANDASH62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Some good news regarding my situation (random dropping of connection in

3G/4G area regardless of amount of data use):

1. I went to the Verizon store on Friday and the customer rep switched out

the SIM card. I have had the drop issue only once since then. (Obviously,

this is not going to apply to the 924 MB limit others have experienced; I

am also on a postpaid plan.)

2. She also showed me a screen that shows that the 8800L is in fact

supposed to be able to handle both 3G and 4G, which is contrary to what the

Tier 2 Verizon tech told me over the phone. I've looked this up elsewhere,

and what I have found is that the 8800L does not support the CDMA network,

which Verizon is apparently shutting down at the end of 2019 anyway, so

that 3G accessibility won't be relevant for Verizon customers in any case.

This is probably what the Tier 2 tech was getting at, so there probably

isn't that much real difference between what he said and what the in-store

said.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with your Jetpack, wmdunnaz. I know how important it is to have a reliable data connection. Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps for us, and we would like an opportunity to look into this further. I sent you a private message so we can continue working on this together.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
wmdunnaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I replied to your message. Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 1:29 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
wmdunnaz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ted ... welcome to the club. I too have a ticket opened (as do others),

and they are working on it. Let's continue to compare info, and keep each

other in the loop ... thanks.

- Bill

vanznaz

Well this has been an interesting read this Saturday morning. Currently I'm having the same issues as you gentlemen are describing down To a T. Except my issue is with last years flagship the 7730L, and my plan has only been active not even 12 hours. My hopes suddenly rose up as I discovered this "prepaid unlimited jetpack" plan because it reminded me of when I signed a 2 year contract for the 7730L with a truly unlimited data plan but then was robbed via 15gig cap. During that small time period of glorious internet freedom, there wasn't 1 time I had ANY disconnect issues as we are exprienecing NOW. 

"Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.” 

― George W. Bush

0 Likes
MattC1

I'll go ahead an add myself as another user experiencing this issue to the list. I have the 7730L and right around 920 MB used, it cuts off. Tomorrow will be a week since I had a ticket created on the issue. Not terribly impressed by the poor communication, with the only updates I've gotten on it have been the automated messages sent to the jetpack saying that it's being "investigated." I can understand if there are a lot of people affected by it and that they just wany to focus on fixing it, but at that point I would think it'd be better to make some sort of public announcement about the issue.

EDIT: I got a message from someone from Network Repair this morning. A day after I made this post, funnily enough. But it's fixed for me now, so I can only recommend people who still have this issue to definitely call and get a ticket made. It took a week to get it fixed, and my point on communication still stands, but at least it's fixed. They said they made an update over the network in order to fix the issue, which sounds different from what others had done for them. Maybe they're finally getting the bug tracked down and worked on. Good luck to those who are having this issue.

0 Likes
vanznaz

Could you potienally just reset the hotspot before engaging in an activity that requires no dc'ing(gaming for exp)? That way you atleast know its not going to happen mid game. Personally I haven't tracked my data to see when my reboots accure yet.

0 Likes
p_a_sanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sure, but we shouldn't have to. Nothing like being mid-movie already having reset it twice (I was sick yesterday and watched movies all day, had to reset a few times) while in the middle of something.
I love your objectivity, but we shouldn't have to reset anything...ever. Unlimited is unlimited. If you want to say unlimited but you have to reset every 921.6MB, then say that. But don't tout it as unlimited, give it to you for a few months and then figure out that maybe consumers are taking you at your word, that it's unlimited. It's like their version of throttling.
And depending how long you play, it very well could happen in the middle of the game, or the movie, or the show binging, or even just surfing.

p_a_sanders
Enthusiast - Level 2

Matt, Have you had any issues yet since you changed your device number?

0 Likes