Jetpack
kentuckee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep the Jetpack in one spot where I get best reception. Is it okay to leave it plugged-in to the charger all the time? 

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kentuckee,  we always want you to understand how your devices work fully. You do not necessarily need to keep the jetpack plugged in at all times. It would depend more on how often or how much you use it. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
kentuckee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your quick reply ChristineK.

Internet options at my house were limited to DSL which has always been slow and intermittent. One company has a monopoly in my town so they're not greatly concerned. I couldn't get even 1 bar with my Verizon wireless which has the best coverage in my area. But a few months ago I was shocked when my iPhone rang for the first time ever in my house, and I had 2 bars. Last week I remembered the JetPack I bought several years ago as a backup for work. It sat in a drawer unused.

I found a spot in my house where the JetPack gets a consistent 3 bars and internet is FIVE times faster than DSL! I want to use it 24/7 but am concerned about keeping it plugged-in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad you remembered the Jetpack, kentuckee.

Understand that Verizon Jetpack devices are not intended to be home broadband replacements.

Please power down your Jetpack devices entirely when not in use. Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as laptops and tablets can download software and/or system updates without the customer’s knowledge and that will increase the data plan that is in place for the jetpack. This is why we recommend powering it completly off if it is plugged in. Does that help?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
kentuckee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks TamaraH. That's unfortunate for the millions of US customers who can not get cable at all, or DSL broadband that stays connected for more than 30 seconds regardless of the speed, but luckily can get a bar or two of cell reception... usually from Verizon.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It’s time to move to an area with better service, or quit complaining about poor service where you choose to live since most people don’t wanna live there 

0 Likes