Re: Jetpack needs to be reset constantly
JohnGalt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Aaron:

Please escalate this to Tier 2 support.   Your reply of "The device is working as expected. Are you having any issues? "  makes me think you haven't read any of the several emails / comments I've made.  I will explain it again in very clear simple plain English.

Myself and several other people have had this problem that started the same time in mid January.   Nothing has changed on our devices.  Our devices have worked fine for several months but all of a sudden in mid January they needed rebooting several times per day.  (Up to 30 times per day)

I've asked Verizon support several times in these chats if there have been any updates to the devices that may have caused this issue without a satisfactory reply.

herbmillerjr

Same issue here. Worked fine for two months, then about three days ago started dropping on the hour (I watch uptime in diagnostics, it's actually on the hour). Now it's almost every 5-10 minutes, almost preventing me from writing this.

This is insanity.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please follow these steps tocheck for a firmware update: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-209865/ .

MatthewG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chrismel9000, I appreciate the details that you provided and I want to ensure that we're able to restore jetpack connectivity. Help is here. Besides the update, have you made any other changes to your jetpack? In addition, can you confirm the status of the LED lights as shown here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-40720/ Looking forward to hearing back.

LorenzoP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

herbmillerjr -

This is certainly not the type of experience we would ever want you to experience with your service. I rely on my data speeds daily, so I can understand how inconvenient it is for you to experience slow data speeds. I am confident that we can resolve the slow data speeds you’re having. Are the issues you are having indoors or outdoors?

To better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and City where you are experiencing slow data speeds?

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
SusanEcho

I finally called tech support. So far it appears fixed

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019, 1:16 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
JohnGalt2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Susan:

What did they do to fix it? Did they admit that the problem we're all having is due to a firmware upgrade or something on their end ?

-Corey

SusanEcho

He said he reconnected me to the tower. So far it fixed the issue. He

suggested that if that doesn't work, I should get a new SIM card. So far it

appears to be working.

0 Likes
Rajenk5049

I am having this issue as well.  Every hour my jetpack needs to be reset.  This just started happening over the last few days. My devices stay connected to the jetpack, but stop receiving internet. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rajenk5049, I appreciate the feedback over experiencing the same type of issues with your Verizon Jetpack and get that it's vital your connection remains consistent at all times. I'll be glad to help determine the root cause so you receive a proper resolution. Has there been any recent software update since this became an issue? Do you experience this loss of internet connection in multiple locations or just one? What is the exact model Jetpack you have?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes