Jetpack 4GLTE Data Allowance on Get More
JAMPAC26

When I activated my jetpack at a verizon store, apparently I was erronously told that I could add two sims cards to my account and when added to do more plan and get 15gb of 4gLte data with each card and when one runs out, I could switch cards. Now I'm being told that if I upgrade my plan to the get more, I would get 30gb or 4gLte data with the jetpack. I can't find that anywhere in writing and would like it confirmed before I change plans again. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Jetpack 4GLTE Data Allowance on Get More
Weth
Legend

Jetpack would still be limited to 15 GB LTE data before being throttled to 600 Kbps.  Your phones hotspot would be given 30 GB on get more.  Jet packs and other connected devices get their own connected device plan, only a phone can be on do more or get more.  

0 Likes
JAMPAC26

That's exactly as I suspected! Why do I repeatedly get wrong information from Verizon reps? I made the decision to activate the Jetpack on a postpaid account based on erronious information recieve from Verizon rep and as I understand it, I'm now commited to postpaid for 6mos. Maybe that wrong too, but the reps seem very accurate on rules that benefit the company, but sketchy on rules that benefit the customer. Bottom line is I need more than 15gb of data. I sorry, but 600kb speed is useless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want there to be transparency with you in regard to services offered. The Get More Unlimited plan has a 30GB mobile hotspot allotment before reducing to 600kbps. This information can be confirmed here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/get-more-unlimited-faqs/.  -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
JAMPAC26

Thanks, yes that information is easy to find. What is not clear is if changing plans affects the data you get for the Jetpack. It appears it's not clear for Verizion reps either as I have been given wrong information on two seperate occasions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMPAC26, making sure all of our plan options are clear and concise is important. We apologize for any confusion with this matter. Changing your Unlimited Data plan will only impact the available allowance towards a Smartphone and not the connected device (Jetpack). The Unlimited Connected device plan that we offer will provide your Jetpack with 15 GB of premium data per bill cycle with reduced speeds up to 600 Kbps thereafter. Please follow this link https://vz.to/2VNErnv and reference number 3 for more details.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAMPAC26,

It is very important to us to make sure that you have all of the necessary details regarding your Unlimited Jetpack. Just so that we can provide total clarity, if you have the Play More or Do More plans, you have 15 GB of data for the Jetpack at 4G LTE speed. If you switch to Get More Unlimited, you will receive a total of 30 GB. Changing back to a lower plan will result in your data being adjusted accordingly. If you have multiple lines on the account, the Jetpack will receive data allowance according to the smartphone line with the highest plan.

For example, if you have 2 smartphone lines on Get More Unlimited and 2 Jetpacks, both Jetpacks will have 30 GB of 4G LTE access. If you change one of the smartphone lines to Play More, the allowance for one of the Jetpacks will drop to 15 GB, while the other will remain at 30 GB. If you have only 1 Jetpack and 2 smartphones (one with Get More and one with Play More) the Jetpack would receive 30 GB of LTE. If you have only one smartphone with Get More and change to Play More, the Jetpack's data will be decreased from 30 GB to 15 GB.

The following FAQW refers to the details and benefits of Get More Unlimited. I hope this information provides clarity for you: http://spr.ly/66001zcbm

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

JAMPAC26,

if you have the Play More or Do More plans, you have 15 GB of data for the Jetpack at 4G LTE speed. If you switch to Get More Unlimited, you will receive a total of 30 GB.

ColinH_VZW

@colinh_vzw  your post is not true, contradicts the previous correct VZW post, doesn't fit with what I see in my account.  I stand by and confirm my original post in this series.  

0 Likes