I can't access one website & it's driving me bonkers
KRJeff

I've had a Verizon hotspot for years and this one is new to me.

There's a writing website I frequent based in South Africa (just mentioning that, because I don't know if it is pertinent).

Last night, I suddenly couldn't access it. It kept timing out and saying the page couldn't load. I checked on multiple browsers within my computer and then multiple devices within my home (that I hadn't previously visited the site on). I cleared my cookies. I checked on multiple "down for everyone or just me" sites that all confirmed the site was up and running.

Finally, after doing everything else I could think of, I shut down my hotspot and left it off for a few minutes. When I powered it up, I could access the site again (yay!)...but only for a few minutes (boo!), then it started timing out again.

I've repeated this process three or four times and the site always functions fine for five minutes or so after restarting my hotspot, then becomes unavailable again. This is not happening with any other website. According to the users I've spoken with, it isn't happening for anyone else.

Does anyone have any ideas? A writing group I'm involved in is based on this site and I need to be able to access it to read & critique stories.

Help?

0 Likes
Re: I can't access one website & it's driving me bonkers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KRJeff, we can certainly understand your concern with the issue that you have been experiencing with a certain website. Especially since you were able to get on this website before. Let's work together to see what's going on. Do you know which Jetpack model you have? Also, since this has been happening, have you powered your device off, taken the SIM Card out for at least 1-2 minutes and then put SIM Card back in and power the device on again? Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I can't access one website & it's driving me bonkers
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> According to the users I've spoken with, it isn't happening for anyone else. Does anyone have any ideas?

It could be a problem with Verizon and their connections to providers in South Africa.  Do any of the other users who can access this site also happen to have VZW?

> Finally, after doing everything else I could think of, I shut down my hotspot and left it off for a few minutes. When I powered it up, I could access the site again (yay!)...but only for a few minutes (boo!), then it started timing out again.

This also suggests more of a timeout between the VZW service and the SA service providers for this website.  VZW and the SA ISPs will have to resolve something like that on their own.  If you have access to a VPN you could attempt a connection from that VPN server and see if you can get routed correctly to this site.  If so that would be further confirmation of a conflict between VZW and the SA ISP.

0 Likes