How do I connect a windlteant signal booster to my jet pack?
rondo531
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I connect a windlteant signal booster to my jet pack?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact the vendor of that device for instructions on how to operate it.

Signal booster is a term that often refers to a function known as wireless repeating.  With a repeater all you normally have to do is be within range of the source signal and configure a connection to it.  Chances are that your WindTeant device has some kind of a connection interface or admin page.  Once you locate that area then navigate around and search for the signal of the Jetpack.  Once the Jetpack is found then connect to it with the Jetpacks WiFi password.

Note that repeaters do not enhance the distance of the source signal.  They create their own 2nd signal and broadcast that over the source which usually has better power behind it.  A Jetpack has a very small broadcast or coverage area.  You generally need to be within the same room to use them efficiently.

Start your troubleshooting with the repeater and the Jetpack in the same room.  After you complete the connection then slowly start to increase the distance between them and test the performance.  You will find a point where the performance drops off and want to stay within that distance of the Jetpack when placing your repeater.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do I connect a windlteant signal booster to my jet pack?
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Contact the vendor of that device for instructions on how to operate it.

Signal booster is a term that often refers to a function known as wireless repeating.  With a repeater all you normally have to do is be within range of the source signal and configure a connection to it.  Chances are that your WindTeant device has some kind of a connection interface or admin page.  Once you locate that area then navigate around and search for the signal of the Jetpack.  Once the Jetpack is found then connect to it with the Jetpacks WiFi password.

Note that repeaters do not enhance the distance of the source signal.  They create their own 2nd signal and broadcast that over the source which usually has better power behind it.  A Jetpack has a very small broadcast or coverage area.  You generally need to be within the same room to use them efficiently.

Start your troubleshooting with the repeater and the Jetpack in the same room.  After you complete the connection then slowly start to increase the distance between them and test the performance.  You will find a point where the performance drops off and want to stay within that distance of the Jetpack when placing your repeater.

0 Likes