Horrible Speeds on new 7730L
jmoney330

Hi all,

I just recently aquired a 7730L through my work (Government Unlimited Plan) and have noticed my speeds are absolutely horrible. My ATT personal cell phone gets roughly 30-40mbps down in my house whereas my jetpack only gets .5-5mbps, even sitting in the same location in the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this? Is it possible I have a faulty unit? I've tried powering down, removing sim for 60 seconds and booting it back up to no avail and I still have bad speeds. I keep it plugged in next to a window in my house. I did purchase the Netgear MIMO antenna with the built in TS9 connectors but that won't  be here until tomorrow.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Speeds on new 7730L
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the best speeds with your device is key jmoney330. Thanks for all your efforts so far with the device. Let's take a closer look. What zip code are you in? You mentioned getting an antenna device. Has that improved the speeds? How many bars of signal is the device showing?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Speeds on new 7730L
jmoney330

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for your response. I just got the antenna today. Before I plugged my antenna in I was getting OK speeds, however after I plugged in the antenna my speeds really dropped... I'm talking to .1/.2 mbps. I just factory resetted it, also did the whole take out the sim card thing again after that and I am still getting these horrible speeds. I mean this is unusable at this point.

I'm in area code 44319. When I had the antenna plugged in I went from 2 bars to 3/4 however like I said the speeds got much, much worse after I plugged in the antenna.

At this point it really seems like I'm being throttled, but from what I was advised government (law enforcement) accounts are excluded from being throttled.

0 Likes