Re: Have newer netgear Verizon 791L jetpack and internet connection is really slow.....is it going to sleep or what is happening?
RUSFOS77

I have a jetpack as well... this is my second month using this Verizon 'unlimited' service.  I have a new computer I just bought and was looking to transfer all my stuff over to this new system from my old laptop.  The only problem is everything from ITunes and Steam is download.  For the first 10 gb I get 1-2 mbs.  Its kinda slow, but its still doable to download a 2gb movie over a night and then watch it the next day.  The 3GS after 10GB is terrible.  I am at 13GB now for this billing cycle and I get between 5kbs to 50kbs.  Right now I am hovering at about 5kbs and it took me over 20 minutes just to be able to log into this site and post something.  Last cycle I went over 22GB after leaving my machine on day and night downloading stuff in the vain attempt to get anything transferred.  After 22GB I have seen speeds as slow as 800 bytes per minute... Yup.  No joke there.  I think my 286 TANDY with a CGA 4 shades of blue display and a 2400 baud modem was faster way back in the day.  Its basically absolutely worthless after 22 GB, with email, daily news and maybe low rez youtube posts from 10GB to 22 GB.  Anything more than that is too much.  I am really kicking myself now though since they suck you into these 2 year contracts that for me at least is very expensive - would only really be worth it if 'unlimited' was unlimited 4G which really isn't even that good.  I should have went with the satellite route... 

0 Likes
Re: Have newer netgear Verizon 791L jetpack and internet connection is really slow.....is it going to sleep or what is happening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RUSFOS77, we want you to have all the data you need. What ZIP Code are you located in?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pacpam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have tried that suggestion....same with all search engines

0 Likes
pacpam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Verizon customer support......

So far you have mostly been NO support.

Reason I bought new jetpack was other one failed in Jan., then I buy this Netgear (I figured it might be better than Verizon jetpacks that I've had to reset multiple times on some day...), and what does Verizon store do???

Puts this Netgear on NEW wifi line and leaves the other one as active, so now I was paying for 2 wifi lines!!!!!  Was NOT told they were doing this.....I assumed they would replace my broken jetpack on same line???

I finally cancelled the old second line...and guess what Verizon does?  Charges me  an early termination fee!!

But i went ahead and cancelled as it was costing me $10 per month and would have been more than cancellation fee by end of contract.  I tried several chats sessions of over an hour every time....sure you can look at my account and see!  Everyone agreed this was mix up...but NO ONE could/would fix this.....

I am fed up with this kind of sticking it to customers.....I have been a long time Verizon customer, but probably not much longer with this kind of "Customer Service"

This problem has nothing to do with my data amount..... it is a mess between your jetpack cutting off/sleeping and windows 10 upgrade.....they just do not work well together.  When I try at friends' house with their wifi, no problem....but then they don't have Verizon wifi!!!  I have a few friends who have found the same problem....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pacpam, it concerns me that we've been unable to resolve things with your account regarding the additional line. I want to resolve all your unresolved account concerns. I've sent a message to your inbox. When you have a change, please take a look and respond. I look forward to working with you soon.

La’SindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pacpam
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have several comments to make......

1-there seems to be a connectivity issue when you upgrade a computer to windows 10 with the Verizon wifi...(which implies is has to do with the upgrade)..haven't found a real solution (have searched all over online)....will get newer computer with Windows 10 on it and then will be fine.

** 2-When you have a problem with your account, come here to the forum, customer service notices and does try to help    A customer support representative contacted me and actually straightened out the entire problem I had with my account and billing!!!  She was awesome....did homework on problem, then chat sessions, called and listened to what happened and then took care of the problem!!!

** 3-Chat sessions had wasted 5-6 hours of my time, with all reps and 2 out of 3 supervisors understanding, but doing NOTHING to help. No authority???? Don't waste your time with the chat group....go directly to customer support either here, or on Facebook or Twitter.

4-Verizon phone service is what I really appreciate, as it works everywhere....reliable all over the U.S.

Thanks to Customer Support....I am a happy Verizon customer once again...........

Thank you customer support!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pacpam, I'm so glad to see that La'sinda was able to resolve things for you. We value and appreciate your business. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

MarcusS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes