Has Anyone had an Unexplained Jump in Data Usage with the JetPack?
JerZJack
Enthusiast - Level 3

My JetPack was supposed to have used about 4 GB Sunday, 8/2.  I visited the sites I usually visit each day, and over the course of a year I have averaged less than 0.25 GB used per day.This increase was a shock, and I am wondering if this is a glitch anyone else has experienced.  I use a laptop, run no apps or video and do not stream audio.  I use Flash Blocker, which helps reduce the gigabytes I use.

Re: Has Anyone had an Unexplained Jump in Data Usage with the JetPack?
Weth
Legend

First thought is computer was downloading updates, which is usually done automatically.

0 Likes
alakid77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also. I weekly check my computer settings to make sure all updates ask before downloading, so thats not the reason. I also have had more unexplained usage for the last 2 months. I have had service for almost 3 years now and this is not first time this has happened. so hate to say it but i am now looking in to going with Sprint.

Weth
Legend

Did you signup for Windows 10? If you did, this is being pre downloaded and the size is about 4GB

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want you to consider leaving us, alakid77. I understand knowing exactly what data is being used for is important. Have you tried using our Data Utilization Tool?  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-usage-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=data%20utilization* This can be very helpful to break down usage details.

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Montanaann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing happened to me this week. On Monday the Jetpack showed what is historically a month's worth of data usage in one morning and my computer was not even on!

0 Likes
Montanaann
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can file a complaint with the FCC.  It is very easy and quick. This way there is a solid database of users who have this same issue and someone to research it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainyly want to get to the bottom of this to prevent a similar occurence in future, Montanaann. Are other devices connected to the Jetpack as well? Do you typically leave the Jetpack on while computer not in use?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JerZJack
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I see no way to reply to any messages in the forum even though I am signed in.  What do I have to do to reply in the forum?

0 Likes
Montanaann
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a PC, an IPad and two smart phones. I do not connect the phones to wifi and only occasionally the iPad. The data overage comes through the Jetpack and I do not stream anything or watch movies. This last time, the data overage showed up on a Monday morning and then another big blip on Tues around noon. I was not doing anything unusual and there were no software downloads occurring.

Of particular note, when I called customer service, the answer was to reboot the Jetpack and upgrade my plan; a monthly insurance fee was also pitched to me. Had I taken these 'solutions', it would have cost me another $156/year. Being on a fixed income, I can't afford this.

0 Likes