Ellipsis Jetpack
Camerkim

we just bought this jet pack about 3 months ago. We have always used about 150 GB regularly no problem. Our data just rolled over a couple days ago and now all of a sudden it's fuzzy and it keeps buffering when I connect to Netfli. Feel My very frustrates.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jetpacks is a hotspot device and is limited to 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Camerkim

We have the unlimited plan. We only have our Xbox one connected to it.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jetpacks is a hotspot device and is limited to 10 GB of LTE high speed hotspot data before you are slowed down to 3G speeds for the remainder of the billing cycle.

0 Likes
Camerkim

I understand that. But we always use an average of 130-150 GB and it doesn't normally slow down that much if at all. Didn't know why all of a sudden it's slow this time around.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably because Verizon Wireless wasn't enforcing the speed restrictions immediately after they announced the new Verizon Unlimited Plan or they didn't have restrictions in place on the server side ready to go at the time. The announcement of the new Verizon Unlimited Plan was a surprise to many of the customers. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a surprise to the network engineers as well.

0 Likes
Camerkim

Dang. I guess that does make some sense. Figured it was too good to be true. Smiley Sad thank you for responding

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
harleyman22
Contributor - Level 1

You've been Verizonized!!! Welcome to the  club.

0 Likes
TERHEM86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Twas a beautiful bait and switch. Initially it was: See how great this is? It works as they described. It didn't slow down because I'm not on a congested network.

What it turned into after 10GB usage on the jetpack is 10kbps download, 1.5 minutes to load cnn.com

To continue to sell this as "3G Speeds" is fraud. You should make adjustments.

0 Likes
TERHEM86
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can facilitate a return of the jetpack by filing a complaint with the FCC online. Verizon Executive Relations will email you back. I returned mine after the return period, got a month of credit for the month they screwed me out of and a waiver of the early termination fee. Good luck in whatever you choose to do, if anything at all. If you take the time to file with the FCC, it will help all of us though.

0 Likes