Ellipsis Jetpack USB Connectivity
BSMOKEY

When I plug the Ellipsis Jetpack into my computer USB port via cable, it will not connect to the internet. When I unplug it, it works fine.  Should it not work when plugged in to a USB computer port?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack USB Connectivity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of staying connected while charging on the USB connection. I would be happy to help troubleshoot further. What exactly does the connection show? Have you tested multiple cords and USB ports? What is the model of your Ellipsis Jetpack?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis Jetpack USB Connectivity
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Using USB Tether will disable the WiFi radio on the Jetpack.  USB Tether only works if your PC has the drivers necessary to talk to the Jetpack.  You might be in a situation where both WiFi is disabled and your PC does not have the drivers.

Search Verizon for the drivers available for your Jetpack.  If they have some for your OS then download and install them.  If not then you are out of luck and will need to use normal WiFi on your Jetpack instead.

0 Likes