Dormant in Rensselaerville
pifrville

Using a 4620L jetpack.  Past couple of weeks we have been having problems with interactive web sites and having connections drop.  Jetpack keeps flipping between connected and dormant.  Have reset the device, removed the battery, plugged and unplugged, etc. to no avail.  We have only one tower in the area and have encountered tower related problems in the past,  i.e. no internet service at all, no cell service, etc.  Could this also be a tower related problem?  

0 Likes
Re: Dormant in Rensselaerville
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pifrville,

I understand how important reliable connection is. I can help you address this concern. Thank you for completing all that device troubleshooting. May I have your zip code?  Can you name the particular websites you can't access?  Have you tried using another computer?
MarcusG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Jetpack keeps flipping between connected and dormant.

This is natural behavior for all VZW mobile broadband products.  The dormant status is only a message about the Jetpacks current activity level.  Once you request something from the internet the Jetpack will fire back up and go active again.

> Could this also be a tower related problem? 

Sure could be.  You can confirm by traveling to another location that you believe is being serviced by another tower. You can use tower locator websites for information on the public towers in your area.  If the Jetpack works in one location but not another then that would suggest a location specific problem.  More testing would have to be necessary to confirm a problem with the tower itself or the environment though.

0 Likes
pifrville

Zip is 12147.  We are having problems with 2 different computers.  Are having some problems with all websites, i.e. constantly having to reload after getting 'page not available'.  But the big hits are with anything that wants interaction, gaming sites, stock market interaction, etc.  I will try to take the jetpack and my laptop and travel to the next town.  There's a tower there that doesn't reach my residence.  BTW, I was watching the connection this morning flipping between connected and dormant while I was bringing up sites.....this just can't be normal.   Signal strength shows excellent, all bars lit up.  Will also try to gather up some specific sites to post at a later date.   

0 Likes
pifrville

Took the laptop and the jetpack to the next town, zip 12193.  Signal strength from their tower was weaker than I experience with the tower get at zip 12147, however, did not experience any flipping between connected and dormant.  Test was conducted using an interactive chess site, live.chess.com. 

0 Likes